The milady 1 piece tech razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bezoar, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Bezoar

Bezoar Active Member

I am curious as to wether anyone here has actually come across one of these fun little razors?

Miniature travel tech sized Gillette tto razor for the ladies.

I have been looking for people who have actually seen them. I have missed a few on ebay auctions but for a limited run item I would really like to see if many have survived.

2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I see one for sale here in Los Angeles for $80. First time I've seen one. I dont know if that is a fair price or not.
    IMG_3905.jpg IMG_3906.jpg

brit, jimjo1031 and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Bezoar

Bezoar Active Member

I have only seen one sell with a case, two without on ebay. the ones without a case sold for 60-80. so yeah not tooo bad a price for the on ein the photo. Only actually issue I can see is the loss of the logo..... but that's not a real issue.

twhite likes this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    It has always made me wonder about the milady handles being so short. I would have thought they would have been long handles. Maybe when milady's were first made ladies only shaved their pits. It seems that the longer handles would work better for legs.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I've seen cased sets go for about that price, seems decent.

6. mr-razor

mr-razor Well-Known Member

The TTO Milady comes 1940 (hard to find) and 1956 (very hard to find):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

brit, PickledNorthern and Jorvaljr like this.
  7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Seems like @Jorvaljr ought to jump on it.

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I would tend to think so as well. However, a rough contemporary to the Milady would be the Schick Fashion Razor (Type H) which was definitely advertised as a leg razor and was equally short.

It almost seems like there may have been a cultural shift in the late 50s or very early 60s that caused women to move from compact razors (Milady, Schick Type H) to much longer razors (Lady Gillette, Schick Type K).

Jayaruh likes this.
  9. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

That razor looks tiny. It could be a really fun travel razor.

Sent from my LG-V480 using Tapatalk

10. Bezoar

Bezoar Active Member

the milady tech should be roughly 1.5 tto nobs shorter then a regular super speed....

11. Johnrv501

Johnrv501 New Member

I actually have the 1940 model with case

Attached Files:

jimjo1031 likes this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've been looking for one; even in user condition, but not paying crazy price for it. Generous trade yes, but crazy money ... no.

13. brit

brit in a box

would make a cool travel razor instead of the many tech travellers available.

Enrico likes this.