The more I use it, the more I like it!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Rusty blade, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Lately, I have been picking one soap and using it for a week or two...or more. And I find the more I use a soap the more I like it and the better it responds when building a lather. I believe it is because there is already moisture in the puck or tub from successive days of consistent use. And this helps to build a more fuller lather. When I rotate daily through 20 or more soaps I start from scratch each day, the puck is dry and I don't get to know the properties of the soap as well. For the past 10 days or so I have been using Cella and it seems that it is getting better with each day that I use it. Just an observation. Anyone else experience this?

TestDepth, Spyder, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  2. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Definitely @Rusty blade. I like to think of it as a soap "wakes up" after a couple of consecutive uses.I tend to use the same soap for 30-60 days or until I use it up. When I get down to the slivers I pop those in a jar with others. Right now I am using my leftovers from the past 2 years and that amalgamation is doing a great job.

3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I feel like soaps are different, and building lather a skill. Of course it gets better if a person stays on the same raw material for a while. Switching soap confounds results just like switching razors, albeit to a lesser degree.

4. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

This is something I might try soon. I've been doing 4 days of soaps a week(2 of one, then 2 of another)then 3 days of cream/foam. I love all the soaps I have-it'd be nice to see lather form sooner than later so I can enjoy them more. I do my 2-2-3 to conserve my supplies until that ball drops at midnight 12-31-18.

Rusty blade likes this.