The NEW Rockwell 6s razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Nov 18, 2015.

1. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

Congradulations I really like this post

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Did you find the blemish?

3. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

personally i hope the final version of this razor does not happen in 2016, i hope thay keep tweeting this thing for years to come. any manufactured product that does not get tweeked over the years is on a time line for the end of its production. what i want in 2016 is a smooth 3 pc razor with a decent finish that will last me another 30to 35 year while producing a very good shave and exibit the qualities of being my favorite tool for the job. I am just looking for a friend to take me to the end. and if my grand kids can fight over it when i am gone all the better. I am not putting this thing in a glass case and it sounds to me like they are getting very close to my meager expectations of a tool.

Joef likes this.
  4. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

Not that I can see so far. The lighting in the house is horrible. Tomorrow I'm going to bring it out in the sun. It's a great looking razor and shaves nice. I'm still a newbie with limited exposure to other razors but I'm liking it a lot so far! The blades are great too....

Red Rider, PLANofMAN and Darkbulb like this.
  5. Hawk

Hawk New Member

Glad to hear the great review, looking forward to my new razor coming in.

Joef likes this.
  6. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Ya interesting razor and interesting company.
    Company started and located in Canada with manufacturing in U.S.A..
    The owners appear upstanding and looking to provide continual improvement.

Joef likes this.
  7. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

Definitely wanting to be the best they can. I looked it over well today in the daylight (sorry, no pics yet) I did find some very minor imperfections in the finish. Looks like where it was ejected from the mold I'm guessing. Not in any area that would effect the performance of the razor. But like I said, very minor and you really need to be looking for it. The one thing that I was worried about was the threads. Any time threading is cast it's not all that smooth when screwing and unscrewing....but these are nice!
    If they are looking to improve on this, no doubt they are looking for high quality for their products.

Red Rider and PLANofMAN like this.
  8. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Just adding that I ordered the Rockwell 6s after watching all the developments and discussions about it's filings and short comings. All this since the kick starter mentioning of this razor. Made in USA and adjustability in a 3 piece razor entrigues me for sure! And, It also interests me that since all the troubles have been revealed, and have seemed to have been dealt with by the originators, a final product is soon to arrive? Is not that truly a USA old fashioned idea? A true AMERICAN saga, IMHO. SO, I decided to jump in when I thought/think they may have met their mark---to shaving acceptability? 2-young guys doing their thing and not giving up! And, I very excitedly await delivery. I think it actually may happen and I will patiently wait for delivery. Shaving is now for me a hobby and a necessity? Or so it seems!!! I hate whiskers and I hate stubble!!! Blade selection seems to me to be critical for every shaver in every razor. And, I like lots of different Gillette's, especially the slim adjustable. I think anyone can shave with most every one of them. But, there's always something new and different to experience out there in every aspect of life. I hope to not be closed minded? And, I hope the new Rockwell 6s measure up to my expectations?? If and when mine arrives, I suppose I may comment? Who knows?

AGHisBBS likes this.
  9. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

Just an update....
    I have been getting the best shaves of my life so far with this razor. I know I'm still pretty new to DE shaving, but this razor is just so easy for me to get a dfs and a few BBS that I wasn't chasing. I promised a write up and will deliver on that soon. Just been so busy at work during the holidays that I just didn't have the time.
    @oldjoe I don't think you have anything to worry about with getting you razor. Shoot them an email, they have been excellent at contacting back and giving good details.
    The only thing that I believe they could do more is be more vocal on social media. With that said, the holidays and working with the manufacturer might be a reason they don't, or just waiting on accurate finish dates so as not to make a promise they can't keep

AGHisBBS, jimmy Mac and Red Rider like this.
  10. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Any pics on the V2 (or is it V3 that is latest revision?) Rockwell with a loaded blade? Looking for blade exposure (pos vs. neg) but also how well it is held in place in comparison to the Wolfman or Weber for instance.

Robyflexx likes this.
  11. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

There are hundreds of pictures on the internet of the V2, also lots of reviews and all positive.... The razor looks great, functions awesome and the agressivness is adjustable with the 3 different plates they offer, 2 different settings per plate that equals inj total 6 different settings going from very mild to medium to quite aggressive. Your wallet, your choice, but I guarantee you,you get what you pay for and then some!!! its like having 6 different razors in one package!

tuxxdk likes this.
  12. Korbzz

Korbzz Member

Just took some photos of blade gap on settings 1 and 6. Apologies for the poor photography, night time and trying to get kids to sleep (and no macro lens). I've only had it for a week, and briefly tried setting 3 and 4 (loved them) and been using 2 all week. I initially tried 2 as it was an in between shave and I just wanted a light shave. HOWEVER, it was mild, yet incredibly efficient. One of the, if not the, most vocal razor I've used. In terms of how it loads and holds blades in place, well I'm pedantic and check all razors anyway. Generally I haven't had to move the blade much if any, to get is aligned perfectly. Not lucky enough to have/tried a wolfman or weber or att to compare sorry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    barbersurgeon, tuxxdk and Robyflexx like this.
  13. tuxxdk

Those two photos have helped a lot. Thanks.

For 100 USD plus shipping and customs it seems like it's not the worst choice now that cash do have a play in this :-D

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. tuxxdk

I may have mis-searched but I came up empty on the exposure.

I do agree it seems like it's one heluva razor :D

15. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

Sorry its been so long since I've been here.....I'll take some pics tonight of the finish. I have really been enjoying this razor. IMHO it's well worth the money I paid. In the past 6 weeks, I haven't used any other razor.

tuxxdk and Red Rider like this.
  16. tuxxdk

To answer my own question, I contacted Rockwell on the exposure matter.

They have informed me that the exposure is neutral on the lower plates but slightly negative on the higher ones.

From description that is just what I am looking for. Come 2017 they might have a new customer :)

17. KLF

KLF Doctorin

I gave this razor a very serious thought but I came to the conclusion that probably I'll loose the plates or my kids will start playing with them. I'll go instead with the adjustable version.

tuxxdk likes this.
  18. tuxxdk

The Model T looks very cool. I always fear the longevity of something that moves. It may be a problem inside my mind only.

KLF likes this.
  19. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

I love the s model. I haven't had any problems with missing plates, I just keep them in the tin. But I don't have young children to worry about. I can see your point on that issue. Fantastic razor though!

AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.