The Palmolive Challenge

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Bama Samurai, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

We're both on six.

2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

It is billed as a duplication of Floid Blue, but I've never tried Floid Blue and can't attest to the similarity. @Douglas Carey said the RazoRock didn't smell like Floid Blue to him.

I really enjoy it. It packs a good menthol punch and is masculine scent with a moderate powder element.

@Linuxguile has the matching soap (I think) and @RaZorBurn123 is a fan of this aftershave as well.

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

I surely won't keep up with you two, but I'm enjoying The Green Stick! I haven't decided what to call the scent but it's agreeable. Have y'all noticed that it seems to soften natural bristle brush fibers?
    SOTD 02232018 Astra SP.gif
    I'm about 95% bowl lathering these days. Thinking about mashing my stick into a dish for ease of loading. Works with my Arko stick, too.

4. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Sounds great!

5. Jacobite

Jacobite Member

I just started a new Palmolive stick this morning. I don't think I've ever gotten more than 60 shaves out of one, but I've never counted. The stick burns up quickly when it is new, but at the end when it no longer has any foil and it keeps slipping out of your fingers as you try to rub it on your face it just seems to last forever.

6. PLAla

SOTD March 7, 2018

Shave seven on this stick. It's amazing how much lather you get from just rubbing these in your beard. Nice, clean scent. Works quite well!

[​IMG]

7. RyX

RyX DoH!

This stuff makes great lather. [​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

Keithmax, jtspartan, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  8. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Off topic, but I love seeing pics of your FaTip Piccolo. Mine is in my top 3 DE razors.

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's a fun razor. A bit of a challenge at first, but I like aggressive ones. What are others in your top three?

I hate to play favorites and like so many. Both a '59 Fat Boy (on nine) and a Futur clone - Ming Shi (on 5) are great for a close smooth reductions. Gillette NEW LC and 46'-47' Aristocrat are in my top ten. Still haven't quite figured out a 1930's Lutz Slant. I want it to be great, but it's a highly rated OK so far.

Keithmax, GatorJoe, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  10. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

How does the Palmolive compare to Arko?

When I first started wet shaving a few years back. I had some Palmolive cream. Liked the scent and it performed well. But I had a bad itchy breakout like I came in contact with poison ivy for about 2 hours. Then it would go away.

Been scared to try the stick because of the cream experience I had.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Arko cleans the oils from the surface of my skin. During hot sweaty summers I enjoy using it. Palmolive stick and it's palm extract are moisturizing. Great during dry cold season. It also softens and conditions my boar brushes!

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

Daywalker, Keithmax, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  12. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I'm going in for 88.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Keithmax and PLAla like this.
  13. PLAla

I feel the Palmolive stick is a better performer than Arko, mainly due to post-shave feel. Arko is pretty drying for me. I don't mind Arko and use it from time to time. At the same time I would use the Palmolive stick over the Arko stick hands on.

jtspartan, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  14. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Muhle R41 and Ikon 102 Slant. I like aggressive razors these days.

15. Pedict

Pedict New Member

Palmolive smells like a kind of bizarre fougere. In any case I like it and the scent.

RyX, PLAla and Yehuda D like this.
  16. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

If your still taking guesses I’m going for 99.

RyX likes this.
  17. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

That’s what I guessed :)

Yehuda D likes this.
  18. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Does this count?

Palmolive Classic from Egypt. Same awesome lather and skincare as the European version but the scent is.....................different. Pq_Hrn6r.jpg

MacDaDad, RyX, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  19. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Great minds think alike. I will go for 110 then

PLAla likes this.
  20. PumperNickel-BageL

PumperNickel-BageL Active Member

I read that whole arko thread but it seems on the last post that he abruptly ended it so we may have to ask him to be extra sure because it would be great if the Arko could have reached 180 which is just about 6 months rather than 5.2 months

A far as the Palmolive I guess 117 days

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    PLAla and RyX like this.