The Schick Paul Revere

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Aug 22, 2015.

1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

They have insufficient mass for an all metal handle, and that is when I realized it must have been a coated plastic. Interesting method of coating and plating or perhaps a fill method.

clint64 likes this.
  2. 90quattrcoupe

90quattrcoupe Well-Known Member

I saw one of those in a Vintage shop the other day. Didn't know what it was. Now I do. It looked gold under the light, but maybe not. Looks like a nice razor.

Greg W.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Darkbulb likes this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Mild but very efficient. A bit on the large - and lightweight - side of things. I'll be using this pretty thing tomorrow again :)

clint64 likes this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Had another very nice shave this morning with the Schick Paul Revere razor.
    It does feel a little bit like a 'razor on a stick' as the handle is so long. I think the razor would had been more 'sturdy' and comfortable if the handle lost an inch.
    Having said that - a very pleasant and close shave was still had this morning :)

Now on to more coffee...

[​IMG]

PLANofMAN and GDCarrington like this.
  5. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I watched this one go online. It is really in beautiful condition. If it makes you feel better there was another one that went the week before for a little bit more and it didn't look to be in as pristine condition. Well done!

Billyfergie likes this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks.
    I think there are still two other on eBay now. One in a box and one unnamed as part of a lot.

Billyfergie likes this.
  7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The Trac II version is all metal, but has the same hollow handle which is filled with the same tar/pitch like substance that is used to give old silverware knife handles some weight.

GDCarrington likes this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Had another really, really good shave with the Schick Paul Revere injector this morning. I think that, for me, this is the best head out of the Schick injectors that I've tried so far.
    I shaved for a week with the Rockwell 6s and although that was a great razor...one shave with one big boy gave me a the closest shave I've had all week.

[​IMG]

clint64, Billyfergie and Redfisher like this.
  9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I saw this on your SOTD. That is one massive handle!

clint64 and Darkbulb like this.
  10. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Nice looking razor and great information. I mistakenly thought the handle was metal on those. Now I'll stop looking for one. The last one I chased went for $85.

clint64 and Billyfergie like this.