The Schicks Are Here

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by huck1680, Oct 13, 2011.

1. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Got my Schicks in the mail along with a Bobs' New Long Comb razor/handle from a fellow shaver, Joe. The Schicks I won on the 'bay at a great price and the New was a trade for a Goodfella that I didn't use because it was too mild. So I cleaned everything up and proceeded to shave with the open comb Schick. Both Schicks came with full magazines so I injected a new blade and it scraped, pulled and was not comfortable, so I tried another blade. Same thing. Next, the smooth bar Schick. Again the same thing. So, onto the New...great shave. 2 pass BBS. This will be in my razor rotation for sure.

I'm thinking the blades in the Schicks are old and just need to be replaced. I've already ordered new blades. Besides these are way cool and will be in the rotation as well. They also look to be great travellers as well.​

Attached Files:

rodd, Hanzo, battle.munky and 2 others like this.
  2. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Nice looking razor's there.:)

3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Yeah man! Nice haul Huck.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sweeeeeet! May they give you many great shaves.
    Love the looks of the NEW.

5. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Those look GREAT! Enjoy them!

6. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Some modern injector blades should definitely do better. If those are the original blades from the same time as the razors, they are very unlikely to be good. One indication of the really old blades is that they don't have the perforations in the middle of the blade. Those were apparently introduced later to accomodate the Hydro-Magic models.

I like my repeaters, but rarely load more than one blade in the clip at a time in case water gets inside the handle. Not sure if that's really a big concern, but I'm rotating them with other razors anyway.

I like that DE as well, was seriously considering a Bob special at one point. Never heard anything but good reports about his work.