The Soap PIF I've been meaning to do for a while

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by SharptoothC, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

So I don't need more entries. Heck I didn't NEED the first one but I can't pass up free soap. Especially soap I haven't tried before. For that I say thank you @SharptoothC.

Now on to why I am posting here yet again. TSD has become my forum of choice. The people here are very friendly and welcoming. You ladies and gentlemen have become a part of my everyday life. Now when I go out antique shopping I look at storage cabinets and think "How many straight razors can @mrchick fit in that?" Every morning I look forward to the morning wakeup from @RetLEO-07 and the retort from @wchnu (SGT Fuzzy). TSD has put up with 99% of my sarcasm. @Sara-s gave me my first PIF an awesome badger brush that I had @Jayaruh reset for me in one of his handles. @Sara-s I still have your handle and plan on putting a new knot in it. @Spyder my Darkside brother. @Billyfergie for his wealth of GEM knowledge. @Zykris for setting my wife up with her first DE when I came here about which razor should her first be. @RyX for not suspending me for a WTT posting infraction. @BaylorGator for hosting and allowing a newbie like myself be a part of 30DC First Annual Mayhem Awards. Keep at that straight you will be on the darkside soon enough. Speaking of Mayhem I have to give a shout out to @Drygulch for letting me side on not posting in May 30 DC thread on my reselts from my first straight honing. @Misphit for helping me out with my BYR from his razor drawer. I wish I had his razor issues/problems.

But what really set it all apart for me in that TSD was my home was that @twhite had a G1 Injector that he was going to give to some one in the Injector & SE Party!!! forum to someone that had theirs break on them. @Jorvaljr said that someone was me. It was me, I had a rough night yesterday. Everything I touched last night turn to crud. After a night to sleep on it though I was able to come up with a fix. But when people are will to go out of there way to help out someone they have only talked to over the internet I want to be part of that.

I know there are alot more that I didn't name @Bookworm, @clint64, @Herm2502 & so, so, so many more. I can't go on as 0400hrs comes early in the morning.

@SharptoothC please give someone else my second entry.

THANK YOU TSD

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm in, and thank you :). Credit to @Jayaruh for allowing me the opportunity of having one of his brushes, @wristwatchb for his courtesy and patience with my shave issues, and advice FOR them. And @Yehuda D for introducing me to Stoylin :) But overall, what a pleasure it has been and IS for me to be here with great people.

3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

YO! ;)

4. Str8Edge

Str8Edge Active Member

I'm in. Nice PIF my man...and thanks!

Spyder, BaylorGator and Bama Samurai like this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Pipe down....oh wait wrong thread.

AGHisBBS, wristwatchb, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Eh?

AGHisBBS, Spyder and Bama Samurai like this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

We will have none of THAT!!!!!

I am in please!!

Way to many people to thank. The list includes all the people that keep the ball rolling. A shout out to @Bama Samurai for all he does for newer folks. Thanks to the 30DC and Injector Party guys for letting me hang around#

AGHisBBS, Spyder, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Thank you, and watching your joy is my reward and pleasure. :)

Thank you Frank! Stay Frugal. :happy088:

Thank you SGT! Glad you're back on post.

Bravo!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    AGHisBBS, Spyder, lightcs1776 and 2 others like this.
  9. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Side track coming: what a great thread! What a great bunch of guys! and gals!

10. jbr63

jbr63 Active Member

Keithmax, Spyder and twhite like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

what he's tryinta say is that he had a few puffs of his pipe, then proceeded to put the thing down. :cool:

AGHisBBS, mrchick and Spyder like this.
  12. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I think I am caught up thus far! Please check my list in post #29 - the posts are in a different order in Tapatalk on my phone verses on the website, so I want to make sure I didn't miss anyone. If I did, PLEASE let me know as it was not intentional! I caught a few of them just now. This den is the best group of folks on the Interwebz, and I want to make sure I do right by you! This has been an incredibly enabling encouraging group and the source of much wisdom, generosity and entertainment.

13. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

not in but thanks for putting up this PIF, but mostly for your great idea to send up the many thanks to the people who make such a difference here.

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned by anyone else, I'll give thanks to the pioneers who created TSD, many I don't even know - each of those guys AND gals - who had the idea, the creativity and dedication to not only turn it into reality, but keep it going all these years.

One last big shout out to the guys who took me in from the time I got here, frustrated with cart shaving. They taught me to shave, they put up with dozens and dozens of my questions and PIFd all sorts of things my way. Special recognition to the ol' regulars on the 30 Day Crew and the SE/Injector Party, you know who you are! :happy088:

Cheers!
    RT

14. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Vince! It is good to see you back. You have been missed brother.

Rufus T., twhite and SharptoothC like this.
  15. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I'll second that! Glad to see you made it back home, Vince :)

Rufus T. and mrchick like this.
  16. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Thanks fellas. I like to think of it like I never left, just took the necessary sabbatical.

Thanks for keeping the porch light on!
    :thanks:

17. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Great to see you back, Vince! I've missed your contribution!

Spyder and Rufus T. like this.
  18. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Thank you folks for all of the entries and for all of the heart-felt compliments extended to one another. This is a place full of fine folks, and though they aren't doing it for attention, it's nice to see folks get recognition and appreciate each other at times. It's been fun to watch and well worth the price of admission. The randomizer has been consulted, and the winner of the Soap PIF I've Been Meaning To Do For A While is:

@bscarpenter

Send me your details, my friend, and I'll get your package in the mail this week. I want to compliment all of you for being fine denizens of this fair den.

19. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Congrats @bscarpenter.
    Was a great PIF THANKS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SharptoothC and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  20. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Congrats Bscarpenter. Awesome PIF.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

SharptoothC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.