The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Excellent!

PLAla likes this.
  2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I spent about four bucks on Amazon and got a lifetime supply of menthol crystals. Have "Glacial-ized" a ton of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama Samurai, ezlovan, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  3. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I tried that, and messed up a couple aftershaves. I'll leave the mixing to the pros...

PickledNorthern and PLAla like this.
  4. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

I've done this as well, lol! I do this to the AS I can but OTC. Rob puts just the right amount and no chances of messing up, hehe

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

5. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The GT on the Rocks gave me such superb performance this morning. The lather could have easily lasted for four passes but all I needed were three. It has a stronger menthol effect than I first expected - it's definitely in the MITA range, and the scent would pair very well with the Booster Iced Lime Aftershave.

6. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Im still waiting for glacial executive man!!!!!

Please make it happen.

Gnomeo0228 likes this.
  7. Gnomeo0228

And I'm waiting for Glacial MITA! lol

theFAT98 and Yehuda D like this.
  8. Yehuda D

So am I!

Gnomeo0228 likes this.
  9. Yehuda D

SDM for tomorrow!

Gnomeo0228 likes this.
  10. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "Stirling soap makes THE BEST summer soaps on the market."

theFAT98, PLAla, Gnomeo0228 and 3 others like this.
  11. Yehuda D

I've said before and now I'll say it again "Stirling makes the BEST SOAPS, period!"

I'll also say that even though I love Stirling so much that DOESN'T mean that there are no other excellent artisan and commercial soaps out there.

12. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Complaints from customers that the menthol changed the scent too much. When I start having to refund purchases for a product, that product goes away.

13. Gnomeo0228

I couldn't imagine returning one of your soaps! The Sandalwood didn't like me, but that's just the nature of the beast lol! (That's why you sale SAMPLES haha! )

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

ezlovan, PLAla and Yehuda D like this.
  14. Yehuda D

You have an excellent point there! ;)

That Sharp Dressed Man sample is still going strong - you should have seen the lather explosion it gave me and the scent is delicious!

15. Yehuda D

I think it's time for another Glacial shave tomorrow. It'll be either Wintergreen or Eskimo Tuxedo.

16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thanks for the reply! That makes total sense. I'll be ordering a Dreamsicle splash soon because I got a used tub of soap from a BST site. I really like the scent!

17. Yehuda D

I watched a You Tube video about the Pharoh's Dreamsicle soap. It does look to be a hell of a good one, but that kind of scent doesn't really appeal to me. Like anything else it's a case of YMMV.

ezlovan, Gnomeo0228 and PLAla like this.
  18. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

I LOVE Pharaoh's Dreamsicle!!! The orange, vanilla and touch of musk makes for a perfect warm, creamy, rich scented soap. It hits all the notes I enjoy.

19. Yehuda D

I love, love, love the scent of the Barbershop soap. My friend says it's too powdery. I'm trying to convert him to Stirling and I think he'll soon cave in and buying himself a Sharp Dressed Man or Electric Sheep. He's not a menthol user so this way there'll be more available for me! lollll

ob1page, Gnomeo0228 and PLAla like this.
  20. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Makes sense.

Menthol executive man??????? Pretty please!!!!

ezlovan, ob1page, Gnomeo0228 and 2 others like this.