The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I've read where lavender was once considered(maybe still is)a solid manly fragrance.

ob1page and Yehuda D like this.
  2. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Just seems a lot of womens things have it. Unfortunately that usually means she is not a fan.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

My daughters, girl friend, and another female family friend all love Witchy Woman! I have given them all bars of it.

4. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Is the bar the same as the shave? I was thinking of getting a shave soap sample for her. I have like.... 8 scents i want to try....

ob1page and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  5. Ektarr

Ektarr New Member

Just out of curiosity, I was just on the Stirling website and was daunted by the number of options available in the soaps. I'd lean toward the Sandalwood or Bay Rum given no other options but I wonder if any of these offer a Chypre scent? That would always be my first choice given some history I have with that scent.

6. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

Haven't tried the shave soap but knowing Stirling I'm gonna bet it smells as great as the bath soap!

7. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I settled on the MITA for tomorrow. (regular version). The weather is supposed to get a lot warmer and I might upgrade it to the Glacial one.

8. Yehuda D

Aywa - mashalla! ;)

9. Yehuda D

Hmmmmm.......I checked out the Sunflower Fields soap and body lotion. If I'm correct the scent is based on Sunflowers, a lovely perfume for women which my wife has. It's from Elizabeth Arden and it seems to resemble Escape from Calvin Klein very much. My wife also wears Escape and I'm thinking to buy her the SF body lotion the next time I order from Rod. She's bought me so many things, so now it's my turn, yes? :)

10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Welcome to the forum! . I'm not sure I am familiar with Chypre, other than it being a "musky oak moss"???

The sandalwood is a quite woody version. It reminds me of sanding balsa wood. It is a great scent. The bay rum is strong. If you are a bay rum fan, this one for sure has it.

The cool thing about Stirling is that the samples are BIG. At a full ounce, you can get 15 ish shaves out of one, but they sell them for pretty much the same price as everyone else's 4-5 shave samples. A guy can try a bunch of them that way. Just read the descriptions, and have fun.

ob1page, dustmite and Yehuda D like this.
  11. Yehuda D

This is funny. I know Rod's site better than the back of my hand and every time I go on it I feel like a kid in a candy store! lollllll

ob1page likes this.
  12. PickledNorthern

My wife and daughter have enjoyed various products in:

-Coconut Lime
    -Black Cherry
    -Strawberry Bubbly
    -Red Delicious
    -Pearberry
    -Almond Cream
    -Bergamot Lavender (obviously that wouldn't work...... )
    -Rosemary Mint

Lots of fun choices.

ob1page likes this.
  13. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

My wife apparently saw what I was looking at and it sounds like she ordered about 8 or 10 sample pucks.

SEM
    Ozark
    Mountain Man
    Witchy Woman
    Sunflower fields
    Pharos Creamcicle
    Almost Heaven

I know there was others but I cant remember.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  14. Yehuda D

The Glacial MITA's freeze was INTENSE. Did I love it. Tomorrow it's Eskimo Tuxedo!

theFAT98, Gnomeo0228 and ob1page like this.
  15. PickledNorthern

[​IMG]

16. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Since my wife has to wake up early for work tomorrow morning, her and our daughters decided to surprise me with an early Father's Day gift. Happy Father's day to all you fathers out there!

I love my family

I've already given the brush a was and did a quick lather. Gonna use it in tomorrow's shave. Can't wait! [​IMG]

Edit: it was supposed to be Gin and Tonic on the Rocks but I'm not complaining

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

17. Yehuda D

The Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo soap gave me a lethal freeze this morning. I had the same experience from the Glacial Unscented balm.

18. Yehuda D

Tomorrow it's gonna be the Glacial Spearmint soap and balm. A great, frigid combination!

19. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Sheep Sunday!

[​IMG]

PLAla, theFAT98, Paul Turner and 5 others like this.
  20. Yehuda D

I'm off to Fort Lauderdale today and I'll be taking my Glacials with me. This morning I really enjoyed the Spearmint a LOT!