The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

It is a favorite of mine too.

Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  2. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

I like mutton tallow! The scent is still lingering even after putting on my night cream
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I enjoyed the Glacial Lemon Chill soap so much this morning. The matching witch hazel and the Glacial Unscented balm added to the frigid fun.

4. Yehuda D

For tomorrow.............Glacial MITA. I finally made up my mind after going through my soaps!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    Gnomeo0228 and dustmite like this.
  5. Gnomeo0228

I'll be putting my order in for this as soon as it's available. Glacial balm too.... And what else, hehe

Yehuda D and dustmite like this.
  6. Yehuda D

The Glacial balms are absolutely dynamite!

Gnomeo0228 likes this.
  7. Yehuda D

I feel bad because my Glacial MITA bowl is soon going to be empty. This morning its freeze sure came in handy because the weather here is sweltering. I can't wait to get a new bowl of this stuff - that's how much I love it. A friend of mine from the Greek wetshaving group Men's Only was asking me how much of a difference there is between this one and the regular version, so I told him that the Glacial version has around triple the amount of menthol, which is true. I don't know how Rod was able to keep the scent intact with so much more menthol added!

8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Here is my shave after a shower with some Margaritas in the Artic bath soap:

IMG_0364.JPG

9. Gnomeo0228

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. After reports that the menthol in Eskimo Tuxedo over powered the SDM scent, I was a little worried. Now I'm even more excited to get my hands on Glacial MITA! Still on the fence about Eskimo Tuxedo. But if it does go on sale like Rod mentioned, I'll get one for sure

ob1page, Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  10. Yehuda D

I'm hoping that Rod will keep producing the Eskimo Tuxedo under a different name. The bowl I'm using now smells very SDM even with the intense menthol notes and the new unstarted one I recently received has plenty of that SDM scent although I must say that when you open the container to sniff it the menthol bashes your face in!

Gnomeo0228, dustmite and ob1page like this.
  11. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Rebrand it sharp dessed penguin

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yehuda D, BigMark83 and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

How do you like the Glasty?

Norcalnewb likes this.
  13. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

Just wondering::

How do Gin and tonic and margs in the Arctic compare? I have good m and tonic but not quite sold on it. Thinking about getting mita but wanted to hear opinions first

Thanks

14. Yehuda D

Gin and Tonic OTR and MITA have around the same menthol effect which is very nice, but not to the point where you'd have tearing eyes and a runny nose like what the Glacial soaps might give you. Both of these soaps have wonderful, rich, slick lather and such moisturizing as well as very soothing skincare. Scent-wise, the MITA is a very tropical/citrusy type of scent. I only have the GTOTR, but I imagine that the regular version's scent would be pretty well the same, except that there's no menthol note to it.

Hope this helps!

ob1page likes this.
  15. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Sheep Sunday!

[​IMG]

16. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

My initial impressions are extremely positive. It is an earthy, grassy scent. Too me, it is one of the more complex Stirling scents.

Yehuda D, Gnomeo0228 and SharptoothC like this.
  17. Yehuda D

The Glacial Spearmint soap and balm froze me out to the max this morning. I opted for a much less intense menthol shave tomorrow, so it'll be Black Ice. I call that soap the "mini" or the "junior Obsidian" because it has less than a third of as much menthol. It's still cold, but it doesn't make you want to scream bloody murder like the Obsidian could! lolll

PLAla and Norcalnewb like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Sounds like my Marshlands(LL Gooming).

Norcalnewb and Yehuda D like this.
  19. Paul Turner

You can be another of the "Meeter" men :).

Yehuda D likes this.
  20. Yehuda D

The Black Ice soap was a perfect option for this cooler morning. It's still strong enough to let you feel a very good menthol effect but without being killer-cold like the Glacial Obsidian.

PLAla and Gnomeo0228 like this.