The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

got some post-dinner soup going now. Maybe I'll call an audible in tomorrow's shave.

dustmite and Yehuda D like this.
  2. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo to the rescue!

On vacation in San Diego the past couple days, and got sun burned at the beach, but it was cloudy! Lol. My wife didn't believe you could get sunburned with no sun.... well, now I'm looking like a raccoon and she can't stop laughing at me haha. But man, seriously though, this soap is freaking awesome. It's just a sample, but I'm having a hard time deciding which I like more, this or Glacial MITA. Rod has 2 winners in these soaps for sure!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I decided to take a break from the "violent" Glacial menthol so I used the Sharp Dressed Man sample and it's freaky how long it's lasting. My wife admits that it smells gorgeous which makes me feel great, since she bought me a tub of this wonderful soap.

@Gnomeo0228 yes, even in cloudy weather a bad sunburn can happen, so be careful!

Paul Turner and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  4. Paul Turner

and now I DID just that. Brought out Skin Bracer in place of the Stoylin.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTN July 25th
    [​IMG]

RazoRock Baby Smooth
    Gillette Platinum
    Stirling Boar Brush
    Stirling Iced Pineapple Soap & AS

6. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Nice! The last thing I needed was another brush, but at under $8 I had to pull the trigger too. It's in the mail to me along with plenty of other Stirling goodness!

7. Yehuda D

I have the Glacial Obsidian soap ready for tomorrow, and after that I'll use the matching balm. The black licorice scent is a top favorite of mine, but it grosses my wife out. Does she ever hate it! (tough!)

capsfanx likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

I'm kinda with your wife-but just by the fact that licorice by itself doesn't appeal to my tastebuds.

Yehuda D and BaylorGator like this.
  9. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I love the sent of Glastonbury. Even better, I got a "You smell good" from my wife this morning. What a way to start a day.

IMG_0498.JPG

10. Yehuda D

I actually prefer the taste of red licorice but the scent of anise.............it's heavenly to me.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  11. Yehuda D

Tomorrow morning I'm using the Black Ice-aka "the junior or mini Obsidian." Much, much more mildly-mentholated than the Obsidian, but still cold enough to satisfy my menthol cravings. The anise scent is about half the strength as what the Obsidian has, but it's still very similar.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  12. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

13. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the Ben Franklin, @danbuter. A personal favorite of mine, but seems to be a polarizing scent.

14. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

Have put the new soaps through some test/uses...The coconut lime is a big WINNER, that scent is amazing and one that I would truely consider a unisex scent, so you and a spouse could use or whats more likely is the wife "borrows" it from you...Weekend in Malibu is another great scent and one that I would say is similar to South Padre, just has that pleasant sun screen/citrus/summer vibe to it..G&T OTR's is one that im still trying to figure out, it is a very strong scent and one that I have used and smelled several times and still cant put my finger on, this could be because Im not a drinker and am not familiar with the smell of G&T but I sure do love menthol soaps...Also Witchy Woman is a homerun for the ladies...I would compair it to exec. man on the male side....both are great strong man/woman scents that have that "make the opposite sex" go crazy over the scent, so get it for the woman in your life.....Also, the new clear jars look great, for some reason they just look classy.

ezlovan, Yehuda D and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  15. Yehuda D

Did I ever enjoy my shave this morning. The Black Ice soap's lather was so rich and thick that I could have done four passes. I don't know why my wife hates the scent so much but she does. I found the menthol effect really strong and "in my face" in a most delightful way. This soap is only sold in the fall and winter.

16. Paul Turner

Well, the opening shave with the Glacial Wintergreen can be described in one word: BRRRR. Good to finish with the Sandpiper A.S. too...nice Stoylin double-whammy for summertime.

17. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTN July 27th
    [​IMG]

RazoRock Baby Smooth
    Gillette Platinum(2)
    Stirling Boar

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ezlovan, PLAla, danbuter and 2 others like this.
  18. Paul Turner

With my Glacial Wintergreen, Doc Ezlovan threw in a small Honey Oatmeal bath soap.

19. Yehuda D

Welcome to the Freeze Club!

Paul Turner likes this.
  20. Yehuda D

You inspired me to use the Glacial Wintergreen trio for tomorrow. Was I right about how wonderful it is?

PickledNorthern and Gnomeo0228 like this.