The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

No, not yet but I'm going to. And fast!

dustmite likes this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

well, the gig is up...Doc Ezlovan now knows my nickname for him, AND my nickname for the great brand he makes(Stoylin).

3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

My Hot Apple Cider is almost gone. I have some shaves left but today was the third time I have pulled my doughnut hole back to the middle. That one is FOR SURE going to be replaced.

When I am working outside on cold MN winter days, I am not exaggerating when I say that I daydream about a hot shower and a shave with this soap.

Plus the women in my life like it. My daughter says I smell like an apple pie. What's not to like?

Kokak, PLAla and Yehuda D like this.
  4. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Last night I decided to break in my Stirling boar by wetting it down and swirling it around on my palm and pant leg until it dried out. Then I kept repeating this action over and over while watching the CMA concert for a couple hours. The good news is it's pretty well broken in now. The bad news is that my wife is more convinced than ever that I'm either an idiot or a crazy person.

Linuxguile, Kokak, IDuck and 5 others like this.
  5. Yehuda D

lolllllll You're no idiot or crazy person!

Linuxguile, Kokak and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  6. PickledNorthern

[​IMG]

Does the brush look familiar?

Linuxguile, Kokak, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Just placed an order for 4 sample aftershaves(my second go-round at doing this). Ex Man, Mtn. Man, Gatlinburg, and Lime.

8. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Mountain Man is one of my favorites. I plan to get a full size with Glacial menthol with my next order.

Kokak, Yehuda D, Gnomeo0228 and 2 others like this.
  9. Paul Turner

About Mtn. Man, there are two conflicting reviews in Rod's website-one guy says it is "what a mature man wears", the other says it has more of a "feminine" smell. Your comment?

Kokak, Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  10. PickledNorthern

I put on some from a sample the other day, and my daughter said it reminded her of a perfume that she has. My wife agreed that it had a matching or similar note to it, though not the same overall.

Kokak, Yehuda D, PLAla and 1 other person like this.
  11. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I find it masculine, as does my wife. It's not an over-the-top manly scent like Brut, more understated and sophisticated to my nose.

Kokak, Yehuda D, PLAla and 1 other person like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Sophisticated is certainly good :).

Kokak, Yehuda D and dustmite like this.
  13. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

anyone else try coconut lime yet?... this is 100% a must have summer scent, if you are like me and kind of use soaps by season.....my apple cider and pumpkin spice are sealed for fall/winter...also I STRONGLY STRONGLY reccomend TSD M-Bomb for anyone who likes menthol....you can take any soap you have and give it some menthol, or if you want to add more kick to a menthol soap.

BaylorGator, Kokak, Yehuda D and 2 others like this.
  14. PickledNorthern

I use Coconut Lime. It definitely is tropical. Love it.

Kokak, Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  15. Paul Turner

I'm a "soap/A.S. by season" man, muhself.

IDuck, Kokak, Yehuda D and 1 other person like this.
  16. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

I didn't get to snap a photo for my shave last night, but Eskimo Tuxedo truly delivered The Stirling finest badger whipped up that lather like nobody's business . Finished it off with some Proraso green since I'm still using up my sample. I think I'll take what's left and add it to my jar of Eskimo Tuxedo. Happy shaves all!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Kokak, Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  17. Yehuda D

Tomorrow I'll start a new tub of Glacial Spearmint soap. I absolutely love that scent!

Gnomeo0228 and Kokak like this.
  18. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge fan of mint scents, I'm finding out, but you can't go wrong with glacial

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Kokak and Yehuda D like this.
  19. Paul Turner

And just now I remembered the third thing-he knows about Meeter. :)

Kokak likes this.
  20. Yehuda D

I love that scent so much and the lather is such a pleasure to work up. Its menthol effect is mega-potent and the skincare is perfect.

Kokak, Gnomeo0228 and PickledNorthern like this.