The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I think he was just teasing in you a bit, Paul. It's just Speedy. All is good.

Yehuda D, PLAla and Paul Turner like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm enjoying the Honey&Oatmeal Bath(hand for me)Soap sample...next one is Lime(thrown in with my aftershave samples), but proably won't turn to that for a couple weeks.

Yehuda D likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

I suppose you're right....I just didn't like the way it looked at first, is all.

Yehuda D likes this.
  4. Paul Turner

140 pages for this thread! I know there will be many more.

Yehuda D likes this.
  5. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The more, the merrier!

Paul Turner likes this.
  6. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Used Stirling Baker Street aftershave as part of this morning's shave. It's so silky! It seems to have a different texture than the other Stirling splashes I own. Perhaps not but seems so at least. Feels great going on and terrific scent.

Linuxguile and Yehuda D like this.
  7. Yehuda D

I'm very curious about the Stirling Menthol pre-shave soap. I used a sample of the regular unscented version and I found it to be very good. from what I understand, this one is not a face-freezer but it's still apparently very nice and cooling. I've had the Glacial Lemon Chill bath soap before and that one is enough to freeze someone to smithereens. Tomorrow I'll have a shave with the Gin & Tonic on the Rocks. Not really a monstrous freeze but it's still definitely a cold soap and its scent is delicious. Great lather and post-shave care as well.

Gnomeo0228 and PLAla like this.
  8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I use the Mentholated pre-shave soap every day. If you like the regular version, the Mentholated is even better. Your right, it isn't a face freezer, but it does provide a nice, refreshing cooling, which is wonderful in SE Texas, especially in the heat of the day after some physical activity. Just don't get it in your eyes, as the menthol stays for a while. ;)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Gnomeo0228, Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  9. Yehuda D

I can't wait to get it. Oh, one thing I learned about the Stirling menthol soaps is that it could be hell on earth if the menthol gets too close to your eyes, especially the Glacials. Even the bath soaps, like the Lemon Chill and Spearmint have that effect!

10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I'm wanting to try it as well. Sounds great! I've never used any type of pre-shave before. No oils or soaps. I'm willing to try this one.

Gnomeo0228 and Yehuda D like this.
  11. Yehuda D

I'm sure it's fantastic. I also ordered the Glacial Lemon Chill balm which I'm expecting to be as wonderful as the other Glacial balms I have - Wintergreen, Spearmint, Obsidian, and Unscented. I swear, since I started using Rod's stuff my skin has never been so good, although I must say my wife's love has also had a lot to do with it! ;)

PLAla likes this.
  12. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I don't really use it just as a pre-shave. I just use it like a face soap. Stirling has a face soap bar that is tallow free. This, I believe, is the same but with more glycerin than the standard face bar. I use it every shower, whether I am shaving or not, and think it works great.

Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  13. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Have you guys tried the 5 min challenge? Stirling Glacial Black Cherry pairs very nice with a Stirling boar

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yehuda D likes this.
  15. Yehuda D

My brother, your videos are awesome!

How do you like that Glacial Black Cherry?

Gnomeo0228 likes this.
  16. Gnomeo0228

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

What do I think.....AWESOME! Everyone should have a jar. The scent is a good 7 or 8 even with the menthol. It's fatastic!

Yehuda D likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

Not even bodywashes in the shower?

PLAla likes this.
  18. Yehuda D

You're gonna laugh - to me the scent is around an 8.5 even though the menthol is so potent. Lolllll I fricking love this soap!

Gnomeo0228 likes this.
  19. Gnomeo0228

I couldn't argue with that lol. It's strong. I had it open for a few min, not blooming at this point, and it filled the entire bathroom. It's great!

Yehuda D likes this.
  20. Yehuda D

I never bloom any soaps but on Monday when I used it my wife claimed the scent hit her while she was passing by my bathroom. It's one whopper of a scent. This fall I'd like to get a tub of the non-mentholated Black Cherry. Also the Gin + Tonic without the "Rocks!"

Gnomeo0228 likes this.