The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

W-green AND Arctique? Might try if I choose to move to Washington DC once again, a possibility which is still on the table. Those summers!!! AAAGH

George X, Yehuda D and Linuxguile like this.
  2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Go to Israel in the summer. A HELL of a lot hotter. You'd need to use this kind of menthol all day!

George X, Linuxguile and Paul Turner like this.
  3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Late to the party as usual but.....my minimalistic tendencies kept me away from trying some things. Last December someone enabled me to try some Stirling soap so hey, why not, right? Well, if you follow me on the 30DC you know how often I use the soaps now and I have acquired one of the synthetic brushes as well. A lesser known fact, though, is my wife's absolute love and admiration for the Witchy Woman line of products from there. I got her a sample of the shave soap and she demanded, yes that's a correct word, DEMANDED that I order the tub. I also got her the bath soap and body butter as she requested and she is hooked. Loves it. And for someone who is quite finicky about the soap and other products she uses, that's no small thing.

4. Yehuda D

My choice for tomorrow morning? Glacial MITA followed by Glacial Unscented as a balm and a splash of Fine Snake Bite. Another king-sized freeze!

5. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

That sounds nice! I'm going with a Menthol Monday shave tonight and trying to decide between Glacial Black Cherry or Glacial MITA. Decisions, decisions, decisions

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yehuda D likes this.
  6. Yehuda D

Lollllllll May I suggest Glacial MITA?

7. Gnomeo0228

Glacial MITA was the soap of choice. Holy crap, was the freeze oh so good haha! Borderline painful but in a good way [​IMG]

8. Yehuda D

I felt the same way when I was using it this morning. The menthol just kept getting stronger and stronger so you just imagine how cold it was on my third and final pass. The Glacial Unscented balm really hits you with a freeze of its own, but it feels so good. You should try the mentholated pre-shave soap if you haven't already. It's unscented, it does a fantastic job of cleaning your stubble, and it makes a shave so much easier. The cooling effect is not that strong but it's still definitely there. Fabulous stuff!

George X, Gnomeo0228 and Linuxguile like this.
  9. Yehuda D

I'm addicted hopelessly to these Glacials. I'll be using the Black Cherry-scented one tomorrow.

Gnomeo0228 and PLAla like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Poor Doc Ezlovan has been waiting for my review of my 4 current sample aftershaves for quite a while now. Tomorrow's use of the Gatlinburg should close out that one, so I can finally get to the Xecutive Man,. I hope to send him a review by early next week.

Yehuda D and George X like this.
  11. Paul Turner

I think my next Glacial will be the Lemon. But alas.....in 2019, as part of my New Year's Day order :).

Yehuda D likes this.
  12. Yehuda D

My first Glacial soaps were the Wintergreen and Spearmint, then with time I tried all of them.

Gnomeo0228 likes this.
  13. SmokeShowing

SmokeShowing Well-Known Member

A very nice birthday surprise from my lovely wife this evening!

[​IMG]

14. Yehuda D

Holy Toledo, after using the Glacial Black Cherry soap the bathroom smelled so nice and I was frozen-solid!

Gnomeo0228 and PLAla like this.
  15. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I used Stirling Baker Street aftershave this morning. Haven't used a Stirling soap yet this month! I'm missing out. I had a lot that I wanted to use after doing all Stirling last month. But I'll certainly return to them!

Paul Turner and Yehuda D like this.
  16. Yehuda D

I'll take a day off from my Stirling stuff, except for the mentholated pre-shave soap and I'll use the Gin+Tonic on the Rocks on Friday.

17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Been using my newly pressed shave sticks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am firmly convinced they are the only way to travel.

Linuxguile, jtspartan and PLAla like this.
  18. George X

George X Well-Known Member

Say what? You’ll took a day off from Stirling? I thought I felt a shift in the universe, now I know why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linuxguile and Paul Turner like this.
  19. Paul Turner

don't forget, he's still using Stoylin mentholated pre-shave soap. The streak continues!

George X likes this.
  20. Gnomeo0228

I hear you brother! We're hopeless