The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

My goodies came in today [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Sparrow, Jim99, Yehuda D and 7 others like this.
  2. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Me too........ :rolleyes:
    20180319_212210.jpg

Sparrow, Jim99, SmokeShowing and 5 others like this.
  3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Let's see now.............my next Stirling outing will be with.........why not Sharp Dressed Man?

Jim99, Edison Carter and Paul Turner like this.
  4. Gnomeo0228

Menthol Monday! And what better soap than @stirlingsoap Glacial Lemon Chill! This sample just won't die lol! That's a good thing as this soap is killer! The Stirling boar is finally starting to calm down on the shedding. The blade was a Perma Sharp blade with it's 9th use! Yes, 9! It feels better than a new Treet blade I used in my last shave Capture.JPG

Sparrow, Jim99, Edison Carter and 2 others like this.
  5. Gnomeo0228

Can NEVER go wrong with a little SDM!

Edison Carter and Yehuda D like this.
  6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

That's for sure!

Or a little of ANY Stirling soap - wouldn't you agree? ;)

7. Gnomeo0228

Heck yeah! Lol

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

8. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Agreed!

I dug into my tub of Mountain Man for the first time last night because my wife proclaimed she likes the scent the best of all of my soaps. Ironically it might be my very least liked scent! It’s got a 90’s CK smell I’d rather leave in the 90’s...............but I’m married.

So now I’ll try to predict when using the Man might pay off, and enjoy all the other scents by by myself. Life is funny sometimes.

PLAla and Linuxguile like this.
  9. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Probably better if I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edison Carter, Linuxguile and PLAla like this.
  10. Gnomeo0228

Question fot you all...How do you use up your Stirling samples? Do you pout them in a small tub, pinch some off into a bowl? just curious what your techniques are. I have like 10 full samples I need to use up lol. And we all know how long these bad boys can last

11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I put them in a sealed container. The Grundtal containers from Ikea work really well. Or the stainless tins from Stirling work great as well. I have three Grundtal containers and they're all dedicated to Stirling samples at the moment.

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks for the commentary on Glacial Lemon Chill...that'll be my next Glacial, after Wintergreen finishes.

PLAla, Linuxguile and Edison Carter like this.
  13. PickledNorthern

If you put them into plastic shave stick containers, they stay relatively sealed up tight. When I don't want to use them as sticks, I just smear what I want straight off the top into a bowl.

14. SmokeShowing

SmokeShowing Well-Known Member

Not to sound insensitive, but I usually grab another soap (not Stirling) and forcibly eject it from its plastic container after determining it doesn't match my taste. Then I allow the Stirling sample to establish occupancy in said container. I should point out that I almost always give a soap a few chances before taking such harsh action and allowing the Stirling sample to assume occupancy in the vacant container.

15. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Very good question.....so far I'm using a combo
    temp bowl.....to a zip lock baggy
    got some of the plastic tubs from Stirling.....(not a fan of tins)
    small plastic disposable food storage containers (dollar store)
    some small bowls that are not yet known to be MIA from the kitchen

This is gonna be a lot of fun. I can now understand the term ''rabbit hole"! @cliffb599

I bought some scents that I didn't think I'd like from the description and after smelling them, maybe I was right. Originally I did not think Arkadia would outlive the sample for me, but as I have tried to use it up it has grown on me, now it is a maybe yes. I bought some scents I didn't think I would like, that are very nice. One dearly beloved member of my family upon sampling one scent began to make some wild comparisons of my new shaving soap fragrance and licking ash trays.:happy068: Then another beloved individual started describing something about beer parties and bonfires. Then there was one for.....yeah...... THOSE eyebrows :sexe:

It was really neat thing to watch the responses for an old Brut guy.

My ultimate goal is to find a small array of flavors to add a variety to my life.
    'I only regret that I have but one face to shave for my country'.....(okay, okay, maybe that is a little stretch).

Starting out a short while back, I got a range of soaps/crèmes. Surprisingly IMO, the very cheapest is the only one close to performance class of Stirling, as long as you don't mind the one 'Ivory Soap' smell its great. But look at the fun to be had! I got very popular stuff that I really like the stank, it just doesn't leave my face feeling AS good, so when they are gone, that's it. And the full compliment of supplies are available with Stirling.

Thanks guys

BTW, the Lovely Mrs Headroom made off with a real great smelling bath soap before I could get it in my picture, Sunflower Fields. :love029:

BTW, @Yehuda D gonna be my first face freeze off tomorrow, inspired by @Gnomeo0228 's Menthol Monday................who is it that is trying to limit menthols to Monday anyhow..................May I officially declare 'The Stirling Exemption'.

Good day, friends!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  16. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Since I already failed at No Buy 2018, I’m thinking of ordering a tub of Glacial Lemon Chill so I’m ready for the warmer weather. I’ve used it in the past and it might be my favorite Stirling soap. It’s like dunking your face in a lemon Italian ice.

Gnomeo0228, Edison Carter and PLAla like this.
  17. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I might as well order two tubs. So I’ll get Lemon Glacial Chill, but I’m not sure what the second tub will be.

I’ve used Orange Chill, Bay Rum and Barber Shop. I’ve enjoyed them and the scents were fantastic!

I would like to try something different and I’m thinking of Executive Man or Sharp Dressed Man. I know these are popular scents and everyone has different preferences, but are there any othe “must try” Stirling soaps?

Gnomeo0228, Edison Carter and PLAla like this.
  18. PickledNorthern

Ozark Mountain for sure! And I highly recommend trying one of the sheep bases.

19. PickledNorthern

Stirling travel......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Definitely Ozark Mountain. If you’re a Christmas person, then absolutely buy Christmas Eve by the TUB if it’s released again this winter.

Piacenza makes a great everyday scent if you want a lighter scent in your inventory, but so does SDM in completely different scent direction.