The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

After my last batch of samples I received I wanted to come back and give a brief review. First of all, Stirling Soaps have been fantastic and offer so many scents that they are sure to please everyone with something!! I now feel like I have favorites in the sweet, citrus, and manly categories. Thank you Stirling Soaps.

Love:

Stirling Gentleman: Probably my favorite! Subtle Vanilla and tobacco
    Executive Man: Crisp, clean, cologne like smell
    Almond Creme: I probably wouldnt use this on a real consistent basis but it smells delicious. Very sweet almond scent
    Mountain Man:
    Dunshire: Acqua Di Gio, very good smell to it.
    Sandpiper: Wife loved this one, another cologne based soap. Also, clean, and crisp.
    Pharaoh's Dreamsicle: I picked up the Orange scent immediately but then it dies off to a subtle vanilla scent blend. I think its awesome!

Middle:

Electric Sheep: Unique smell and is exactly as described. The smell has grown on me......but not my wife!
    Ozark Mountain: I picked up alot of Pine scent in this soap; don't love it but not offensive.
    Piacenza: Hard to describe this one but its good. More along the lines of a clean, cologne background to it

Dislike:

Bergomot Lavender: wanted to test it as its a popular scent but not my thing
    Barbershop: a favorite of many but this one was a little too much powder scent for me
    Gin and Tonic: the citrus part of this smells very good, perhaps its the Tonic side of things that is a turnoff for me

Attached Files:

2. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I see what you did there. :happy102:

3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Of course we almost never know what you are talking about either, so it kind of puts you on a level playing field....:happy097:

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:happy102:

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

What was your comment on Mtn, Man?

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

Mountain Man: Wife really like this one. I find it to be a good balance between just a clean/cologne like smell but still earthy/woodsy. So not quite as crisp and cologne like as Sandpiper or Dunshire but not quite as woodsy as Ozark Mountain.

Paul Turner, Robyflexx and PLAla like this.
  7. Paul Turner

I've been kind of creative with my "Wish List" on the website. I think I have it straight now, lol.

DesertTime and Robyflexx like this.
  8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I have used Piacenza aftershave the past couple of days. I have a small sample of Pinaud Citrus Musk, and the Piacenza reminds me of that scent, with a hint more sophistication. It matches quite well with Route 66 Sweeney Todd (deep blood orange scent) that I've been using.

Robyflexx and PickledNorthern like this.
  9. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I found the Piacenza, while citrusy, reminded me more of citrus peels/rinds rather than the actual citrus fruits. More bitter maybe?

dustmite, Linuxguile and PLAla like this.
  10. PLAla

I'd say that's a fair assessment. It's not as bright as many of the citrus scents.

Linuxguile likes this.
  11. PLAla

Anyone tried the new Baker Street from Stirling? If so, were you familiar with the old Baker Street from Strop Shoppe? I know the formulae are supposed to be same, but is it really the same? I have a tub of Strop Shoppe Baker Street Limited Edition that was gifted to me. I'm thinking of buying the new Stirling splash to accompany it.

SharptoothC and PickledNorthern like this.
  12. PickledNorthern

AFAIK, the scent would be identical.

PLAla and SharptoothC like this.
  13. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I have the Stirling baker street in the mail. I will let you know. They got the exact recipe from strop shoppe, so it should be precisely the same

PLAla and SharptoothC like this.
  14. Paul Turner

That's what attracts me to Sandpiper...Rod says it is "very sophisticated".

15. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Smartarse [​IMG]

PickledNorthern likes this.
  16. PickledNorthern

Yeah well,,

SpeedyPC likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

well, I tossed out the Exec. Man A.S. sampler....still have Stirling Gentleman and Sandpiper. I like those two the best from the 4 I had anyway.

18. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I am thinking of buying Executive. Anyone use this? I read this has a cologne scent...can anyone describe what type of cologne? And is the scent mild, medium or strong?

PLAla likes this.
  19. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

20. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

It is modeled after Creed Aventus, which is considered to be one of the best fragrances EVER created. It smells incredible. The scent is medium to strong.

Here are the scent notes for Creed Aventus:

Aventus Notes
    Finest blackcurrant, Italian bergamot, French apples and a burst of royal pineapple; Exquisite roses with a complement of dry birch, Moroccan jasmine plus a hint of patchouli; Musk with a touch of oak moss for depth, then ambergris and a dab of vanilla.