The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

My evening shave. 05/13/18

Pal Injectomatic
    Personna P74 (4)
    Stirling Tuxedo
    Stirling Spice SS
    P&G Old Spice Classic AS

Another smooth shave with the Injectomatic. The Stirling Spice gave me the right amount of protection, and slickness. I followed with a warm water rinse and a splash of the P&G Old Spice Classic AS. I really enjoyed my shave tonight.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

2. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Hey all! Boy did I have a great shave last night! Glacial Black Cherry was just what the Dr ordered. I then finished off the shave with some Osage Rub!
    Hope you all enjoy this shave as much as I did lol!

3. gregcss

gregcss Member

4. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Well, it looks like Sandpiper is here to stay. My first response to the scent was less than enthusiastic, but I stuck with it, and my thinking has come around. Even better, my wife walked through the bathroom and asked "which one's that?" For HER that's the best endorsement any of my various soaps/splashes/colognes have received so far. In fact we both laughed at her response.

So when the Lemon-Orange and new glacials are released, I'll add a Sandpiper splash and maybe a balm.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Did you get it as part of a sample set, or a larger size? Oh, you had the SOAP..ok. I'll miss my Splash when it's finished.

6. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I think that you will like the Sandpiper AS splash. The scent strength is good and lasts quite a while.

7. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Went with Sandpiper aftershave today. Love the scent and face feel. This is one of Rod's home run offerings, in my opinion. Enjoy your day!

[​IMG]

8. Paul Turner

As you know, I did the Piper today, too(my shave plan listed yesterday). I'm so glad Doc Ezlovan came up with this one!!

Edison Carter, PLAla and Frijolero like this.
  9. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

Looking to reorder a jar of the Stirling Gentlemen which is my favorite scent of Stirling............also looking at getting a few samples, what scents might you recommend testing based on the following:

1. Stirling Gentlemen is my favorite, also really like Executive Man
    2. Not looking for any menthol scents......I have Iced Pineapple, like it but don't want to expand the menthol too much.
    3. Got a sample of Port Au Prince last go round and was not a fan, so want to stay away from similar smells.

A few that have peaked my curiosity are Glastonbury, Island Man, Weekend in Malibu (although it doesnt appear to be available in sample size), Baker Street and Gatlinburg. Anyone with experience of those have thoughts? Any other pointers?

Thanks community.

10. Paul Turner

I had a sample of Gatlinburg, although it was an aftershave, not a soap. It was OK, I felt. It didn't jump out at me, as Sandpiper did(from an earlier sample set-again of aftershaves). Gentleman and Xecutive Man were also A.S. samples I've previously ordered. I liked Gentleman very muc, actually it placed second to Sandpiper. In fact, Gentleman has made it to my "Final 4" of soap&A.S. choices for next year(it's the first choice of the 4). If you recall the fragrance of the ORIGINAL Old Spic(Shulton), I'd recommend the Spice, as Rod does indeed have it pretty close to the original fragrance.

PLAla, Edison Carter and Linuxguile like this.
  11. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Island Man is like coconut and rum with the florals and citrus notes hiding in the background.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

12. Paul Turner

The first time I ever used an "artisan" product, I read where coconut was a major fragrance in it. I don't care for coconuts as food, thus I hit my forehead and said "What am I IN for?". It was from the Stephan Company(which by the way produces a very nice Bay Rum A.S., and shampoo). Back to the coconut scent artisan shave cream(it was a cream. not a soap), I gave it a few tries and could immediately sense a difference. My face felt so soft!! I was pleased with THAT aspect, but wouldn't buy it again.

Edison Carter and Linuxguile like this.
  13. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Gatlinburg has it's fans, not me. The Lovely Mrs Headroom describes it as an ashtray smell.

I had Weekend bath soap, again not a fav... reminded me of a sunblock.

I did not think I would like Baker Street, but got an AS sample. Went and ordered SS and more AS.

Have Island on the way.

Two of the greatest things about Stirling, lots of scents, economic sample sizes. The best thing about Stirling, #1 shaving soap performance.

14. Paul Turner

I'm not sure I'd agree with Maxine H. Room's opinion of Gatlinburg, but I'll just say I gave it a C.

Edison Carter likes this.
  15. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

For all you menthol heads, the Glacials and new brushes are out! As far as scents Baker Street is very nice. Island Man is an alluring tropical mix that also has a fresh clean quality to it. If you like cologne scents then Dunshire and Sharp dressed man are my favorites. I agree with you that Port Au prince is lacking. (Lemon pledge type scent )

Frijolero and Edison Carter like this.
  16. Linuxguile

Once Lemony Orange hits the shelves I think I will be ordering:

1 Glacial Lemony Orange
    1 Glacial Black Cherry
    1 Iced Pineapple (backup of my favorite)
    1 Mountain Man

Frijolero, PLAla and Edison Carter like this.
  17. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

You are the only guy currently nominated in the enabling category, yet your enabling continues undaunted, Andrew. I'm going to have to start a soapaholics thread soon...

18. Linuxguile

You just cant deny the Stirling goodness. Black Cherry is a powerhouse of a scent and I think it will mask the scent of the menthol beautifully.

Frijolero and Edison Carter like this.
  19. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I've got more than 20 tubs (or sample tubs) of Stirling in the Den right now, but I'm convinced that i NEED to have that lemony orange in the collection. And if I'm going to be paying a fixed shipping fee anyway it's silly to pay $4 to ship just one soap...
    Thank God the Shavey's help me to keep stuff moving out of then den. Unfortunately, it's become a self-enabling process now, as I tell myself "I know I don't need this, but I ought to try it. If I don't like it, I'll just save it for a prize for the shaveys."

20. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I placed my Glacial order yesterday even though Lemony Orange isn’t ready yet. I saved a few Splashes to add to the next order though. Might as well save $4 by spending $75. :D