The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Iced Pineapple is the GOAT.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

True that!

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Got a double-whammy planned for tomorrow-the Pro Handle brush(26 mm)and Barbershop soap.

4. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

That stuff is like instant good mood.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

5. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I like the way you think... Very wise!

PickledNorthern and Frijolero like this.
  6. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Looks like the soap fairy was in Headroomville today and look what i found......

Saving grace is that if The Lovely Mrs Headroom doesn't buy that.....I just say Andrew made me do it!

:happy108:

20180519_000719-1.jpeg

7. Shadow Shaver

Supa nice haul! I put on that Stirling Blue AS right before bed last night just for the sake of it.

8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Holy smokes! That's a veritable Stirling commercial! Incredible haul. Enjoy!

9. Paul Turner

Right-he might as well be saying, "Hey shavers, my name is Doc Ezlovan. No, it's Maxwell H. Room, some call me Mr. Cawtuh".

10. Paul Turner

That's the Polo Blu clone, right?

Frijolero and Edison Carter like this.
  11. Shadow Shaver

Yes Sir, it is. Absolutely wonderful smell!

12. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I just spent some time at Fragrantica, and Blue sounds like something I need to try. I’m going to take the tub/AS gamble.

If I don’t like the initial sniff, I’ll keep at it for a week, and probably adjust my thinking. If that fails, I’ll have my gift already purchased for the Christmas party.

13. Paul Turner

I didn't know Doc Ezlovan had a matching soap for the Blu out...was just reading some of the reviews. Appears to be comfortable year-round, which is a good sign.

14. Paul Turner

That's exactly what it is-he went to Pasteur's Pharmacy and with one big HAUl, he got them all into his cart! :cool:

15. Shadow Shaver

IMHO Stirling Blu is worthy of year round status. It's one of the scents that I am getting for my father for Father's Day.

16. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I became a Stirling Fanboy after my first encounter. It is just a soap performance that says 'Why use anything else?'. I even canceled my 'science only' experiment with 'old krackely hard soaps' over at the SBOA fully hydrated soaps club wing of the forum.

I was wondering if I could be delivered from my stubborn Brut dependency. Well it's a done deal!! Although if Stirling brings out one it'll be in my cart.

I even bought some 'glorious stanks' that I didn't think I'd like, and they didn't disappoint me, I didn't like them. But I did turn over some true gems.

Jim99, Frijolero, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  17. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Thank you all Enablers.

Just purchased Sterling Blue soap and Aftershave. Sterling soap co was out of the Aftershave so I ordered from Maggards. I wanted it with Glacial Menthol But Maggards only has the regular.
    No big deal I have crystals.
    I’m Hooked on Sterling also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Turner, Frijolero, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  18. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Confessions of a Sterlingaholic

I finished off my last tub of Sterling and thought I would go back to using Tabac for a while, just to change things up. I still had a partial puck sitting in my cabinet. I lasted three shaves before I reordered another jar of Stirling Sandlewood.

Frijolero, PLAla, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  19. Paul Turner

I think I may beome YOU next year, in celebration of surviving NB18. Already I have introduced my special 2019 Stoylin' Tony Awards..a sort of "Final 4" for my first Stoylin soap/A.S. order of 2019, and there will be more to order throughout next year, I'm sure.

20. Paul Turner

Good idea to go to Maggards as a backup to Stoylin, to GET a Stoylin. :).