The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I’ve used Maggards a LOT for Stirling purchases.

Frijolero and Paul Turner like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Their quick shipping impressed me

Frijolero and Edison Carter like this.
  3. Paul Turner

I don't know where you found your avatar, but I think I told you before that it's always been among my favorite "Goalie Mask" avatars :)). In this category, you're joined by that of @mrchick , and of @Norseman.

4. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

A friend made it for me many years ago. Thanks, Paul!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Edison Carter and Paul Turner like this.
  5. Paul Turner

quite welcome :)

Edison Carter and SharptoothC like this.
  6. Paul Turner

I've noticed that this thread has always remained at or near the top of the Shave Soaps "menu". Glad to see that.

7. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Ordered two bottles of glacial splashes - Lemon Chill and Spearmint. I really like the lemon scent and had a sample of it earlier. I'm hoping the spearmint scent will match pretty well with Soap Commander Vision soap. Also pictured is a big bottle of Blue Mediterranean by Epsilon. Got all of this at Maggards.

IMG_2525.JPG

8. Paul Turner

Real nice loading from the "li'l brudder" brush this morning, I probably need to wet it more before I "dive in" to the soap.

9. Latherin’ Luddite

I love the Lil’ Bro. It builds aN easy lather AND releases it. And being a synthetic, there’s no soaking and it’s quick drying.

The handle is a little small for me when compared to gems like the tuxedo, but it works just fine and is one of my most used brushes. IMO it’s the most miserly with soap too, so I use it with my favorites that I want to see last longer. I know that’s not scientific, but it’s how I roll.;)

10. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

I received an order from Stirling yesterday and inside I had ordered the unscented Pre Shave soap. For those of you that like a Pre Shave soap I HIGHLY recommend it......man I felt like my face was super slick after using that in conjunction with the already super slick Stirling soaps.

Used Baker Street and was pleasantly surprised at how much the scent has been growing on me.

11. Paul Turner

Well, that's the ONLY issue I fear with the lil'brudder...the handle size. I'm a bit manually uncoordinated, thus at anytime the brush might flip right out of my hand, whether full of soap or empty.(I'm glad to report that this hasn't yet happened).

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Jim99, Frijolero and Edison Carter like this.
  12. capsfanx

capsfanx Well-Known Member

I have Weekend In Malibu and Island Man. I really like both scents a lot. They are similar but still quite different. If I was to pick one it would be Island Man though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim99, Frijolero and Edison Carter like this.
  13. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Jared @PickledNorthern or Rod @ezlovan , Any updates on the Lemony Orange ? My finger is itching to click the place order button!

14. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

My source said June. Good thing too, I found some more 'glorious stanks' on my last binge that I must have the AS to. Prolly get me to the 'shipping included rate included' without a problem.

No offense to the unicorn, but they sometimes have busy schedules.

15. Paul Turner

Mr. Cawtuh, do you remember a baseball player, then manager, named Eddie Stanky?

Edison Carter likes this.
  16. Linuxguile

Maybe I will be able to get an EdT with my order then!

PickledNorthern and Frijolero like this.
  17. Edison Carter

Wow... I'm not a follower of sports, but that name seems familiar. I can assure you no relation to the Stankster though.
    ;)

18. Edison Carter

You have a mean streak!
    :angry017:

Frijolero and Linuxguile like this.
  19. Linuxguile

:angelic007: Sorry!

20. Latherin’ Luddite

Thanks for the update. I’ll quit checking the website twice a day!