The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Oh, I forgot to say Rod said he would let us know here when the Glacial Lemony Orange is made.

Coming this weekend.... Another Max Headroom - Stirling Fanboy Report, stay tuned.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The Wintergreen soap loaded real well onto my brush...Today and tomorrow are definite Wintergreen days-with the high temps. Could be worse-the humidity is low. But it won't be so low in July and August.

3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

For tomorrow I'd like to use the Glacial Lemon Chill trio - it's been a while!

4. Paul Turner

Stoylin Tony Awards Nite nomination #2 will be announced on July 4.

Frijolero and Edison Carter like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Fanboy? Oh, a play on Fatboy.

john zeiger likes this.
  6. mvd

mvd Well-Known Member

Hello Stirling users :)

Today I used my first Stirling soap. I was looking for a product similar to B&M in performance to replace Taiga, and I also wanted something cooling for the Summer--perhaps a notch above Proraso. So, of course, I ordered a lot of samples beyond what I was actually looking for.

Today I tried the Stirling Barbershop. I really like the scent. Warm and smooth somehow, with talc, and reminds my of chocolate. It's like a warm mug of cinnamon spiced coco. The soap was much softer than I expected, but loaded, lathered, and performed wonderfully. Post-shave is hard to tell since I finish with Midnight & Two balm.

Overall, a great performer, and a soap that could easily replace B&M in my den. My last attempt at a B&M equivalent was Henri et Victoria, but my skin had a funny reaction for some reason, so hopefully it is ok with Stirling.

In a perfect world, this will be my new go-to supplier of soaps? Why perfect? Well because they have a fantastic selection of matching balms and splashes. It drives me a bit crazy to find that perfect soap scent and realize there is no matching balm. So, next steps...order some balm samples.

If it gets a bit warmer this weekend, I will try the orange chill sample.

7. Paul Turner

I love the Barbershop soap. I won't use it in the hot&humid months, but it's great any other time.

Frijolero, Edison Carter and mvd like this.
  8. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!
    ;)

Frijolero, mvd and Edison Carter like this.
  9. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

A fanboy is an excessive fan.

Frijolero and john zeiger like this.
  10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Ordered a replacement for my ES and also picked up Orange and Lemon chill shoaps.

It was my first use of Orange Chill today. I enjoyed it. Started with a nice orange scent, then the menthol.

Honestly, I am afraid of the Glacial Lemon Chill after using this one, but will give it a shot tomorrow.

11. Paul Turner

That makes good sense, Mr. Cawtuh :). I'd call myself a Stoylin fanboy too!

12. Paul Turner

You must recall my first reaction to Glacial Wintergreen. (see below)

OOOOOOOHEEEEEEEEEGGHHYEOWWWWWWWWWWWW

Frijolero, Edison Carter, mvd and 2 others like this.
  13. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a summer cooler. The Glacial sounds like it might be too much for me. Any suggestions?

14. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Both iced pineapple and orange chill are great.

15. john zeiger

Thanks much BaylorGator. Both sound great I'll have to head to Stirlling's sute,

16. john zeiger

Just ordered the iced pineapple.

17. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Iced Pineapple is my fave!

18. Paul Turner

Something from Stoylin? Two suggestions-and I've only tried one of em. Mountain Man, and Coniferous. Now that I think of it, either one with added menthol might do the job. I had Mtn. Man as a sampler(A.S), but I keep wondering about that Coniferous(as in "should I or shouldn't I?).

19. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

You’re only looking for #2&3, so I’d suggest saving Coniferous for a later date. I really like the scent but it’s bold enough that I’m not always in the mood for it. It’s perfect when the mood strikes however. Ozark Mountain is also very strong/bold but it’s much more complex, and could be my only soap if I fell on hard times. If you’re trying to limit your soaps to four, I’d look at the couple dozen other choices. JMO.

Frijolero and Linuxguile like this.
  20. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Fresh out of the Shave Den.

Awesome Just Awesome. Love it
    The sent is Perfect,performance as Always spot on.
    This is a Great soap & Aftershave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk