The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I feel that our unique personal experiences play in to it, too. It's a proven fact that a humans sense of smell is closely tied to our memories. I recently experienced this with the Soap Pass Around, when I opened a soap and was immediately reminded of my father's pipe. If you associate a certain scent with a good memory, I think you are more inclined to like it, even if the smell isn't exactly pleasant.

2. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Two pieces of advice:

1) search their products via the "best selling" search. It is a great way to find what us the most popular.

2) Buy any and all Stirling samples that sound interesting to you. Supposedly they are 1.1 oz, but I weight them...and they are almost always larger. The samples last quite awhile and they are cheap. Stirling always sends me a free sample too...which just adds to the value. Buy all samples that sound interesting...and enjoy!

Bonus: check out their "sale" section. It seems like there is always an extra item or two that I can get at a discount. Well worth it.

3. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

And my Stirling Shave Stick project has been an amazing success. Easily get enough soap onto my face and it is making face lathering even better than before. Just take my soaked boar, begin to swirl it around on my face, and before I know it - tons of protective/slick lather everywhere. I think I found my new favorite soap-to-face delivery method, lol. :)

ezlovan likes this.
  4. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    All of the witch hazels are scented with essential oils only. Unfortunately, using synthetic fragrance oils doesn't work for the witch hazels. First, the natural scent of witch hazel really pollutes synthetic scents. Second, to keep synthetic fragrance oils in suspension requires a hefty amount of polysorbate, and I do everything I can do minimize ingredients like that in my products. In short, while we do plan to expand the witch hazels, the expansion will be limited to essential oil scents that are strong enough to stand on their own against the natural scent of witch hazel. Sorry!

5. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Fantastic explanation. Thanks, Rod.

PickledNorthern and PLAla like this.
  6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Swarthy means a man with olive skin and also a very heavy, dark-colored beard. I have the same coloring as Saddam Hussein or perhaps a bit darker.

7. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

OH, OK. I know them as Italians. We are olive and heavy dark colored beard.:D

8. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Whats shipping like at Stirling?

9. Legend In My Spare Time

Fantastic rates on shipping. $3.95 for all US orders and free shipping on orders over $75. Amazingly fast shipping and their customer service is probably the best I've come across. You can't go wrong with Stirling. :)

10. Kenneth Sampson

I love the Mountain Man scent so I ordered more of the body butter for my hands and head, and some of the balm in that scent. Its still waiting fulfillment though.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

ezlovan likes this.
  11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Not only is the $3.95 flat rate a great deal, but they package your order so efficiently. There's no wasted space in the packages! It's quite impressive.

Primotenore, ezlovan and dustmite like this.
  12. Kenneth Sampson

Boom, notification of shipment. I'm almost out of that tester I took out of the soap pass around.

13. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

I also like the fact that they use shredded cardboard instead of foam peanuts.

14. Kenneth Sampson

No peanuts to throw at the kids when the static electricity is bad? I want a refund. Lol

ezlovan, crackstar and PLAla like this.
  15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

lollllllll I've never been asked if I'm Italian but I always get asked if I'm Lebanese or Moroccan. The funniest thing is that I'm Israeli of Russian origin!

ezlovan likes this.
  16. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Hi Brother!!!!

ezlovan likes this.
  17. Legend In My Spare Time

I had no idea my favorite soap merchants were based Patriots! This just made my love for their incredible company even stronger.

Thank you for your service to this great country! :thanks:

gwsmallwood, SharptoothC and Col C like this.
  18. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I use Captain's Choice products as well. I especially love their Bay Rum and their lather bowl. I like knowing they support veterans as part of their business plan.

Disregard the bourbon - I only drink after I shave.

Oops - I just realized you are talking about Stirling - I was thinking about Captain's Choice. I did not know that they (Stirling) were supporters as well. That makes two great companies that support veterans - I need to buy more from each!

p.s. you can see in the background of the photo there are quite a few Stirling soaps.:)

Feb 3, 2017.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  19. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

There's no judging here. If I guy wants a belt or three with his morning ritual, it isn't any of our business.

SharptoothC, PLAla and Col C like this.
  20. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Luckily - I shave late in the afternoon - so its all good.;)