The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It was Jeff @crackstar talking about Stirling Glacials that got me on board in the first place. It was a few years ago now I suppose, quite a while before I joined here. I remember it was Jeff, cause he well, has a face that's hard to forget.

crackstar and ob1page like this.
  2. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I think Glacial is the only way I can do fruity scents. I tend towards spicy/earthy/woodsy/herbal scents. But I do like a citrus if it has a chill to go with it, and I can see pineapple or black cherry in that regard.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I made order of several stirling sample size shave soaps. I ordered a full refill of black ice, and a tub of stirling blue.

4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I love Black Ice. Way more than I thought I would when I first bought it.

5. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

No. I don't have the lotion or beard oil lol

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

crackstar likes this.
  6. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I will be ordering several summer items: iced pineapple bath soap and shave soap, glacial black cherry, glacial mita, and fine and tonic on the rocks.

I'm sure there will be done more I will need samples of too:)

ezlovan, crackstar and ob1page like this.
  7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Talking about Glacial, the Eskimo Tuxedo hit me with a menthol attack which felt borderline-painful but in a great way!

8. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

That's the one I'm waiting for! SDM is a favorite of mine, and my wife, so if I can get the scent with the menthol-nuke of a Glacial, I'm set for the summer!

9. crackstar

This is funny - my wife is not really a fan of any of my Glacial scents, whether it's Wintergreen, Eskimo Tuxedo, Obsidian, etc but she says the regular MITA smells nice.

PickledNorthern, ob1page and dustmite like this.
  10. Straight razor dandy

Really??? I thought everyone liked Eskimo tuxedo. What does she like besides mita?

crackstar likes this.
  11. crackstar

Really, no others! lol

12. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thanks Rod!
    [​IMG]

Its kinda funny but the dominant scent in the box was black cherry. It was the one that I could smell from outside the box. and it smells great!

13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Please tell her I said thanks for enjoying "Meeter: :)

crackstar likes this.
  14. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

It looks like you couldn't make up your mind!

ob1page, Paul Turner and Linuxguile like this.
  15. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I made up my mind one which ones to order! Also the large tin is very spacious and should be great for loading in.

ob1page and dustmite like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I didn't notice a dominant scent in the 4 samples I got(Sandpiper, X-Man, Sharp Dressed Man, and Stirling Gentleman), but once I sniffed Sandpiper, I said "Well, THIS is IT!" And it is indeed. Gentleman ranked a close second, but it couldn't beat the Piper.

ob1page likes this.
  17. Straight razor dandy

Black cherry is incredibly strong, which I love.
    I asked @ezlovan about making a glacial black cherry soon and he seemed quite interested. I will tell you now, @Linuxguile , you will want it in glacial.
    I believe it is one of Stirling's top scents. I like to pair it with the bath soap and Aftershave as well.

ezlovan, ob1page and Linuxguile like this.
  18. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I am really, REALLY hoping for the Glacial Black Cherry. Hint, hint. @ezlovan

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

19. crackstar

I prepared the Black Ice for tomorrow morning - that anise scent (to me) is awesome. This soap is the "forerunner" of the Glacial Obsidian which has a LOT more menthol!

ezlovan, ob1page and PickledNorthern like this.
  20. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I've come to favor Stirling soaps. Granted the most experience I ha e is Van Der Hagen Deluxe, Arko, Razorock Classic and Taconic. I get the best shaves from Stirling. I started with Lemon Glacial Chill and Autum. Glory. Now I'm waiting for more samples to come in, they last a while for me. Sharp Dressed Man, Dunshire, Bay Rum, Pharaohs Dreamsicle, Port-au-Prince and Piacenza. Looking forward to that package to come.