The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I guess I am old fashioned, but I kind of like it that girls smell like girls and boys smell like boys.

Hate to say it, but I would be a little turned off if my wife started splashing on Midnight Stag.

2. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

Interesting point... like strayed above. I think it's better to have those options. Also it would be a nice gesture for the wife or girlfriend in the fact that you buy a lot of products and you can throw this in and say hey I bought this just for you and ease them into your hobby

3. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

For me, it is simply a springtime/summer scent.

dustmite, crackstar and ob1page like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I agree....but perhaps the reverse is happening, with, for instance, VO5 Shampoo for Men.

crackstar likes this.
  5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

If you like the scent, who really cares how it is marketed? But, in Stirling's defense, scents have been marketed as feminine and masculine forever. My wife, even though she rarely uses them, has a few perfumes, and there is no way I would wear them. They smell great, but they are very definitely feminine. By the same token, she wouldn't wear any of my colognes or AS, as they have a masculine scent to them. I won't use many of her bath gells, as they are feminine in nature. I feel that even scents that have been marketed as neutral lean one way or the other. I remember getting CK One shortly after it came out, and even though it was supposedly unisex, to me it seemed more masculine. I never knew a female who wore it.

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Oh, my sister-in-law wears Ck One now and then and it smells nice on her. I personally hate it on myself!

7. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I used the Sunflower Fields last night. It is a nice scent but very floral. You had better like it if you use it, because it hangs around for a while.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

8. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Got my soaps in. I decided that even though I didn't shave last night to throw some MM AS on before bed. Today I worked out in the yard almost all day, and the wife says "even though you worked outside all day, your beard still smells fantastic"

Bonus points

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Ken, I read where the perfume Mtn Man comes equal to can work for men and women both. I wonder if Doc Ezlovan realized this and put a little more masculinity into his Mtn Man?

crackstar and ezlovan like this.
  10. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I can't remember exactly what it smells like. I have picked up a bottle since college days. My guess is it never smelled as good on me as i thought it did.

ezlovan, crackstar and ob1page like this.
  11. crackstar

The Glacial Spearmint is all set for tomorrow - can hardly wait!

12. SharptoothC

I need some Glacial soaps to release in the worst way. Shaved with my only menthol soap today and it was nice, but only a tingle. I need some FREEZE.

13. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

14. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

15. crackstar

It seems to have sort of a marine scent, at least to my nose. My wife doesn't like it either but it smells great on my sister-in-law.

16. ColbyBreithaupt

ColbyBreithaupt Active Member

I just ordered my first soap in over two years and I choose Stirling Piacenza. Luckily, Stirling is only an hour away from where I live so I should be getting it soon.

I've read a lot of the posts in this thread and hope my expectations are realistic. I'm quite excited as sad as that is.

17. crackstar

The Glacial soaps will give you a freeze that you'll remember all the days of your life. This I promise!

ezlovan and ob1page like this.
  18. SharptoothC

Oh, I know. I have used the Obsidian. I am looking forward to it!

ezlovan, ob1page and crackstar like this.
  19. crackstar

My brother-in-law screamed bloody murder from the Obsidian. He couldn't even finish his first pass with it! (I wanted to kick his butt for wasting all that great lather!)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    Zykris, DesertTime, ezlovan and 2 others like this.
  20. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

kiss?!? Hahaha