The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I just recently purchased some Stirling Barbershop...and I love it. Scent is clean and manly...and not too overpowering.

2. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

I've got so many soaps, but have wanted to try Stirling for quite a while now. Just placed an order for 7 samples...shipping to Japan...should have them in about a week if all goes smoothly.

3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Black ice is truely outstanding. Very nice scent, imo. Stirling's performance always top notch.
    I'm gonna get the full size, AND the a/s if available. I couldn't think of matching this wonderful scent with anything better than more of itself.
    Love the aroma.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I know, it's crazy isn't it? If you would have told me I was going to slather myself in frozen black jelly beans and love it, I would have said you were nuts. I love Black Ice.

5. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Black Ice intrigued me the most...eagerly awaiting arrival of my sample:cool:

6. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

Say what you will. I dont think I could stomach the licorice smell. It makes me want to throw up just thinking about it. That is one of those polarizing scents and tastes for me. Cant stand it. lol

PickledNorthern likes this.
  7. banks741938

In other news I picked up several new stirling samples in a trade. its in route to me. cant wait to try them.

Samples
    Executive man
    Island man
    Bay rum
    Ben Franklin

After shave
    Gatlinburg

AS balm
    Coniferous

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'll be interested in your thoughts about the Gatlinburg AS and Coniferous balms.

9. PickledNorthern

To me it's more jelly bean than licorice. Does that make it sound better?

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I think that's what I'll shave with tomorrow, or perhaps I'll upgrade it to Glacial Obsidian!

Paul Turner and PickledNorthern like this.
  11. PickledNorthern

Gonna use it today! As much as I love the Glacials, I am kind of glad I have this one in the iced version. Once winter hits I like to use the lower levels of menthol, but I can always M-Bomb it up when I want a freeze.

crackstar likes this.
  12. banks741938

No... Not at all...... Ill prob skip out on that one.... :sick007:

13. PickledNorthern

Just because we were talking about it....

[​IMG]

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

That's the spirit! ;)

15. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

I broke out my Barbershop and Sandalwood yesterday and put away the summer scents. Woohoo!

Paul Turner and PickledNorthern like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's what I'm doing now.....Unseasonable warmth tomorrow will call for a summer scent, but it's the cold weather scents beginning Saturday. We have two weeks of solid chilly weather coming up-I hope that will set the stage for the future(until April, that is).

17. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

Autumn Glory....good stuff!

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

18. banks741938

The coniferous balm is awesome. Some might think pinesol. But this is not that in no way shape or form. Just when I opened the bottle I thought wow this is the real deal. I get cedar first then notes of pine and moss. It truly is awesome. I will be buying a puck and as... honestly it's like I walked into a sawmill or stuck my head in a freshly opened bag of cedar chips...

The gatlinburg is not what I expected. I expected something more earthy and woody. I do get them but the other notes really compliment it nicely. I also like it as well. I am going to splash it on the next shave I do and see how it works with my body. I think I will like it. I will report back.

Exc man sample is just what I thought and I like it.

Bay rum----- not so much... . This was my first bay rum anything and if this is what a typical bay rum smells like I am out on it. Can anyone compare this to other bay runs for me?..
    I f anyone wants to trade a sample for this sample I'm down for that......

Ben franklin was also a surprise. Some love it some hate it. I think I'm going to like it.
    I don't get the old mans pantaloons thought. I think that would smell a whole lot worse than this. Lol

Island man. Was the suprise for me out of the whole lot. I was on the fence about this one. When I chose it I wasn't sure. However once I smelled it it took me back to a beach smell I had as a boy. I have yet to put my finger on it. I will try to pinpoint what it is. Some of the as is on sale right kw at stirling and I think I'll pick it up

19. PickledNorthern

I find the Bay Rum to be way too strong. Too much clove, or bay, or just plain too much. It is one of only a couple of Stirling scents I don't care for. I am kind of fussy about Bay Rums though. I really like Ogalla Bay Rums. I am almost through a bottle of Bay Rum Limes and Peppercorns and will be replacing it.

20. banks741938

Ok good so all is not lost for bay rum then. I just couldn't handle it. That scent was not for me. Again I'd be willing to trade it if anybody else wanted to try it

crackstar likes this.