The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

FYI- Two other Canadian vendors with Stirling products:
    canadianbladeco.ca
    gentlemansblade.com

targa88 and ob1page like this.
  2. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Here's my first freeze out shave in awhile (I live where it is quite hot year round, so you will see a lot of these type shaves coming soon)

IMG_20170429_000115.jpg

FYI: I really can't wait to get glacial MITA and glacial black cherry

LOOT, Linuxguile, crackstar and 4 others like this.
  3. The more I shave with Iced Pineapple, the more I fall in love with it. Oh my. Must. Resist. More. Soap.

crackstar, SharptoothC and ob1page like this.
  4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I got a bottle of the Port au Prince splash, and I just love it. The lemongrass is more of a top note, but it lasts considerably longer than most citrusy scents. The vetiver is more pronounced once it dries down, but it is mellow. It lasted many hours; great staying power for a light scent that isn't cloying or sticky at all.

This stuff is a serious new favorite.

ezlovan, SharptoothC, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  5. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Stirling summer menthol choices! Got a soap sample of Iced Pineapple, Grapefruit with menthol, and Glacial Lemon Chill. Ordered an aftershave sample to match those three scents and then also Bergamot Lavender. Everything smells great! The Grapefruit is a deep, complex scent and not just straight grapefruit.

I am REALLY liking the scent of Arkadia. Is it some type of cologne duplication? It's really nice.

I'm excited about all of these!!

IMG_1460.JPG

Linuxguile, Fly2High, ob1page and 3 others like this.
  6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'm so happy - my Stirling order cleared customs and should be here either tomorrow or Tuesday! :cool: :happy005:

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

looks like my Stoylins will be here tomorrow, according to schedule.

ezlovan, PLAla, ob1page and 1 other person like this.
  8. crackstar

Enjoy them to the max!

ob1page likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

certainly will :).

ob1page likes this.
  10. crackstar

For sure you will.

ob1page likes this.
  11. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    We just did the glacial unscented balm this year. The individual glacial scented balms just didn't sell well enough to justify bringing them back.

12. PLAla

Iced Pineapple today - both soap and splash. Really enjoyable. The menthol level was lower than I expected. It's definitely there but I could have taken some more. I'll be trying the Glacial Lemon Chill soon so I'll get all I can handle with it probably!

SOTD 5-1-17.JPG

dustmite, Linuxguile and ob1page like this.
  13. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Arkadia is a dupe of Terre d'Hermes, same scent profile as Fine L'Orange Noir and RazoRock Son of Zeus

ob1page and PLAla like this.
  14. PLAla

Thanks, Andrew! It's a really nice scent. I used the bath soap this morning. That may be on my wants list from Stirling. I could use Stirling shave products exclusively and be quite happy.

15. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

One more day until my Stirling order arrives!!! Yippee!!!!

Then, I will be up to my armpits in soap!!!

I never realized Arkadia and Son of Zeus were associated with Terre d'Hermes.

I have a sample puck of Arkadia coming if I recall. Did enjoy its scent in the pass around box. Ron and Amanda do make great products.

16. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

It is so hard to choose, when it comes to orders from Stirling, do I buy fewer large containers or do I buy lots of samples and buy less larger containers.

So many soaps just smell so great and the soap is awesome.

crackstar, PLAla, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  17. PLAla

The good thing about the samples is that they provide a good many shaves, easily a dozen or more, maybe even close to 20. I feel your dilemma and went with a few samples this past order.

ob1page and Linuxguile like this.
  18. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I like variety so I went with the many samples route

Gnomeo0228, ob1page and PLAla like this.
  19. crackstar

My first shave with the Electric Sheep was a smashing success. That soap smells amazing and does it ever lather like a bomb It also gives the typical soothing, moisturizing post-shave which is so important. Next up will be my new Frozen Tundra! ;)

Gnomeo0228, ob1page and PLAla like this.
  20. PLAla

I used Baker Street splash this morning with the original Strop Shoppe Baker Street soap. So glad Stirling was able to keep this soap and splash going. Great stuff!

Gnomeo0228, Paul Turner and ob1page like this.