The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

You can get it there, but it takes a lot. It also depends on how big a bowl of lather you make. That's fine with me, as lately I am finding I prefer my soaps a little less cold. It isn't the feel of it, but now that I am straight shaving exclusively, I like to feel my face a little more.

ob1page and crackstar like this.
  2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

There's still hope for my Glacial Lemon Chill bowl!

I still have a refill puck of this same soap that I forgot I even had so what did I do? I removed what little was left and put it in the container that the puck is in. This way I get to keep this green container and I can use it as a lathering bowl for a few creams I have which seem to bowl-lather well. It was my wife who found this Lemon Chill puck!

3. crackstar

I see what you mean - a Glacial level freeze could be sort of tricky if you're using a straight razor.

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Sheep Tallow Sunday!

[​IMG]

Electric!

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  5. crackstar

Chris, you have me drooling for that Electric Sheep bowl and that Barbon aftershave! lolllll

6. PickledNorthern

I don't know, I haven't cut myself from being numb or anything like that, but it definitely desensitizes, and just feels off to me with a straight; even more so when I use a Artist Club style shavette. The chill and iced level soaps are pleasantly cool enough.

7. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Is the Glacial MITA definitely happening this summer? Kinda holding out for that one if so. Between Eskimo Tuxedo, Iced Pineapple and the M-Bomb headed my way, I am covered in the meantime.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

8. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

I'm holding out for this as well. I'm checking daily lol! I'll be getting a couple jars, done samples and balm

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

ob1page, crackstar and Bama Samurai like this.
  9. PickledNorthern

Has anyone heard from or asked @ezlovan ? There has only ever been one batch of it to date, and I believe it was a request.

10. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

It seems like I saw it mentioned as one of the ones coming out the next go-around, but I can't find the post. Maybe I dreamed it, but I hope not.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

11. Gnomeo0228

I've heard mid may and summer time. Fingers crossed its soon

12. crackstar

I'm also hoping the Glacial MITA comes back. I love it so much.

ob1page and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  13. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

The original MITA is a modern classic in shave scent.

crackstar and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  14. crackstar

Yes it is. From the first time I ever used it I loved it. The Glacial version of it has that exact same scent along with three times the amount of menthol. Leave it to Rod to create such a treasure!

Gnomeo0228 likes this.
  15. Gnomeo0228

Now that's something to look forward to haha

crackstar likes this.
  16. crackstar

Oh, you can say that again! ;)

ob1page and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  17. crackstar

I froze myself to smithereens this morning with the Glacial Lemon Chill soap and witch hazel and tomorrow I'm gonna duplicate that freeze with the Glacial Wintergreen trio. The soap, aftershave balm, and the witch hazel are not only freezing, they smell so NICE!

Bama Samurai, ob1page and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  18. crackstar

Jared, I forgot to mention that you should try the Frozen Tundra if you haven't already. It's not quite as intensely-cold as a Glacial soap so you wouldn't have to worry about it making your eyes tear and you'd still get a strong menthol effect. Its scent is a delight - it's got wintergreen and peppermint in it as well as some earthy, outdoorsy notes. I love it!

19. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I had a great shave with Stirling Grapefruit with menthol this morning. Really enjoyable! Top-notch lather and skin care as always!

20. Gnomeo0228

I really liked Frozen Tundra as well. Highly recommended