The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Let's see now - hmmmmmmmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmmm. That does sound delicious!

ob1page likes this.
  2. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

I finished up my sample of SDM last night....BBS all the way! I just love Stirling

Temps are starting to climb here in NorCal, so I'll need to place an order for some menthol soaps soon..... come on Glacial MITA haha!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
    Edit: fixed typos....no coffee yet, hehe

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    ob1page, crackstar and PLAla like this.
  3. crackstar

It's only 9:20 am and already I'm trying to decide on a setup for tomorrow. Maybe Glacial MITA? Or Electric Sheep?

4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

You know you're going to pick MITA

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ob1page and crackstar like this.
  5. crackstar

Either that one, Electric Sheep, or maybe even Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo. I wish I may, I wish I might that I had a matching balm and aftershave splash for the ET. Mind you, the Glacial Unscented balm is also major menthol and there's no way it could screw up a fragrance. If I use the Electric Sheep I could use Lubriderm unscented moisturizer which is also great stuff.

ob1page and Linuxguile like this.
  6. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Down to my last 2 new to me scents, Gentlemen and Pumpkin Spice. Which ever I do not use will be used on Friday. Having 20+ Stirling scents can be tough deciding which one to use. All are so good!!!!

7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

What are you putting ask the samples in ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

This maybe an unusual question, but is this thread used to exchange (trade) Stirling products, or is this an area to exchange opinions thoughts on their products.

crackstar likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

"screw up a fragrance"......I like that :).

10. crackstar

It's just a discussion thread, Enrico. :)

Linuxguile likes this.
  11. crackstar

It's gonna be:

Electric Sheep and that's a BAh Bah Bah Bah choice! (in a great way, of course!) ;)

12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Thank you for the clarification. :D

Paul Turner and crackstar like this.
  13. crackstar

My pleasure!

14. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

For those with experience with the following scents.............

Coconut Lime: which scent is stronger? the coconut or the lime? overall satisfaction? Is there a better Stirling coconut based soap?

Anyone try out the Port-Au-Prince yet? its mutton which interests me but how is the scent?

Vanilla Sandalwood.............I love the smell of TOBS creme sandalwood how does this compare with its scent? I love the slickness that stirling offers over TOBS so wondering if this would be a good one.

As always, Thanks

ob1page likes this.
  15. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I got more coconut than lime, but I could smell the lime. It's a really nice scent, IMO.

16. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I have the older Port-au-Prince, which is non mutton. The scent is terrific. A grassy type of vetiver.

I have used the Vanilla Sandalwood bath soaps quite a bit. I find the scent to be great as well. I prefer the straight Sandalwood, but the Vanilla Sandalwood is also good.

17. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

I have 6 full tubs, 12 Stirling samples in 8oz blue containers and 11 samples in sandwich baggies and only use a demitasse spoon to pick a piece off of them. Ok, I have 29 Stirling soaps!!!

Paul Turner, PLAla and ob1page like this.
  18. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Vanilla Sandalwood is very rich and heavy on Vanilla bean pod scent and a lighter very woody Sandalwood. It is delicious and love it. The straight Sandalwood is a wonderful very woody scent that reminds me of being in a lumberyard where Sandalwood is being cut. Also a favorite. Both are decadent.TOBS Sandalwood I also have and is good but is sweeter and more cologne like. Also good but very different.

PLAla, ob1page and crackstar like this.
  19. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I got in a bunch of samples from Stirling today with many of their summer releases. As far as the scents go, I expected to like some and not like some, but every single sample I got was a winner! Also love the badger fan brush. Lots of Sterling lots of happiness!

Now to a question. I have several 2 ounce or 3 ounce sized pucks/blobs of Sterling that I got as part of a shave den clearance. None of them have very strong smells at all, and are much harder soaps than the ones I got today. In fact, I can hardly smell the MITA, executive man or several of the others. I'm guessing this means they are old? I wonder if they can lose their sent over time? Is this possible? Anyone have this experience before?

crackstar, PLAla and ob1page like this.
  20. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I got a sample of the coconut lime today, and it is the best coconut scent I've ever smelled, by far! The lime rounds it out a bit and makes it quite nice. I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on this one.

George X, crackstar, dustmite and 3 others like this.