The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I don't know if I have a different nose or what, but I don't get overwhelmed with cloves in BF. It's sorta root beer-esq, but not really. It's a very complex scent that changes constantly. Loading to clean up is almost like using different soap for each step.

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Because I used no Stirling stuff today I'll make up for it tomorrow with the Glacial Obsidian soap and balm. Today's shave with the Krampert's Frostbite soap was still plenty cold, but where does it compare to anything Glacial? Lol

ob1page, PickledNorthern and PLAla like this.
  3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Yeah, Piacenza is really a favorite soap of mine. I even scooped a bunch of it into a stick so I could bring it with me during the week when I travel.

crackstar, Gnomeo0228, Bobcat and 2 others like this.
  4. PickledNorthern

It is definitely complex. I know one time I said it was the scent for people who want to like bay rum, but don't. It isn't bay rum, but it is like it's in the same family.

crackstar, dustmite and PLAla like this.
  5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I am the same way. I pretty much use at least the post shave balm every day, even days like today where I didn't shave.

6. Norcalnewb

I don't actually get the cloves as strongly as in Stirling's Bay Rum. I definitely get the Frankincense and nutmeg. I also get some Vanilla, which I think is the benzoin. To me the cloves are a little in the background. I can see the comparison to root beer.

ob1page, crackstar and PLAla like this.
  7. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Gentleman is one Stirling soap I have not tried that I really want to. Old Ben didn't do it for me. Might have to see if I can pull a swap for one. I am currently trying to hold off for the new Glacials. Worst case scenario I will get a sample when I order the new Glacials.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bobcat, ob1page, crackstar and 2 others like this.
  8. crackstar

Later on this summer I'll get a Grapefruit Menthol soap. Apparently it's not as cold as the Gin & Tonic on the Rocks but I'd still like to try it. When the new Glacials come out I must get one of each as well.

Gnomeo0228 and ob1page like this.
  9. PickledNorthern

It'll even happen where I look at my SOTD and realize that even though I didn't use any Stirling software, one of their brushes is in the mix.

10. crackstar

That's called devotion!

11. crackstar

After using the Glacial Obsidian soap and balm this morning it was a fluke that I still have a face. My wife looked at me like I was a sicko when I reached for the Arctique. Lollllllll

ob1page, Paul Turner and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  12. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Don't know if I'll get around to shaving today. My routine has been off the past few days. But I'll use Iced Pineapple, Grapefruit, or Glacial Lemon Chill if I do!

13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I hope one of those puts it(your routine)back on, Perry :).

ob1page, crackstar and PLAla like this.
  14. PLAla

Well, I'll be on an inconsistent routine since it's summer. Not going to work each day throws the schedule off.

15. crackstar

For tomorrow it'll be another Glacial freeze. Either Spearmint or Lemon Chill.

ob1page likes this.
  16. crackstar

Spearmint has been chosen!

Before shaving I'll take a frigidly-cold shower with the matching bath soap sample. I see the order my wife placed for me is already in Miami. Hopefully it'll be here by the end of this week!

ob1page likes this.
  17. PLAla

Ended up not shaving today, so the Stirling citrus/menthol stuff will have to wait!

Yesterday I ended up buying some Pharoah's Dreamsicle on a B/S/T site. Anyone have that scent? What should I expect from it? It sounded interesting.

18. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

I love it. Rich orange scent made richer by warm Vanilla and a sweeter musk. One of my favorites!

ob1page and PLAla like this.
  19. Norcalnewb

The only part of this terrific shave that wasn't Stirling was the razor!

IMG_0262.JPG

20. crackstar

I'm also planning to get a Stirling synthetic brush to keep my Plissoft company!

ob1page and George X like this.