The Thrill of the Hunt

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by RetLEO-07, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Hmm... A late 1940's gold NDC Ball End Tech, 1963 BET, 1965 Travel Tech, 1952 Black Tip SS, 1958 TV Special SS, 1965 Flare Tip SS, 1969 Black Handle SS, and an Old Type/Fat Handle frankenrazor. About $66.00 total over 6 nonths. The 1940's BET is my favorite of the group.

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Easy research project - check the WTB forum to see current and past gear folks are seeking. The idea of Peer Review in Shave Forums generally keeps prices reasonable and quality high. Selling and/or buying on the bay and other auction sites is a roll of the dice. The ebay sellers (them, not you @Bookworm) often don't know if the razor is functional, don't care, and are in it for profit. TSD members are a Community that on average care about each other & don't sell broken junk.
    I haven't bought or sold anything through TSD marketplace. I have made some trades with members. They tend to start with one piece, and end with us swapping a box full of stuff each way.

Spyder, twhite and mrchick like this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Unfortunately I live in a town where I have a better chance of finding an Apple Computer 1 then I do finding a vintage Gillette razor.

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'd like to "hunt:" for the old-school Rise shave creams, but I guess I'd have to join Lewis&Clark on that one.

Spyder and Jim99 like this.
  5. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Thats funny! I thought the same thing but I've been finding way more than I expected. Unfortunately havent found exactly what I was looking for but that means I get to keep hunting!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Spyder and mrchick like this.
  6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I wish I could find gear in the wild, around here everyone thinks razors are made of solid gold.

Spyder likes this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

It sounds a bit coarse, but "trade fodder" happens that way. When you have spare change and see a nice piece even if it's not something you'd use. Want to trade listing might get you the desired pieces.
    Even a grubby razor can clean up - diamonds in the rough.

RetLEO-07, Spyder and mrchick like this.
  8. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

That's why I picked up what I did yesterday. Some variety and I knew they would clean up well. Hoping to eventually track down a fat boy and a birth year black adjustable but all im due time....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mrchick and RyX like this.