The Tradere

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Apr 2, 2015.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The teeth on the Tradere seem to stick straight out compared to, say, a NEW, which makes it look like you would have to hold the handle at a very high angle. T or F?

Douglas Carey likes this.
  2. kingfisher

kingfisher Active Member

I had the SB version and really liked it. For a while it kind of fell out of the rotation, but every time I put it back in I enjoyed it.

After a few years somebody made me an offer that I could not refuse, and I sold it. I miss it a little bit, but I have a lot of other great razors to console myself with.

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  3. kokaneedrinker

kokaneedrinker New Member

I have serial number 208, were there more made later on?

4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Yours would be the first of the Gen2 OC razor model. In that second run it has been estimated that an approximate number of about 900 razors were made.
    Do note that these numbers are all rather soft as, as far as I know, the actual volume was never released.

5. kokaneedrinker

did they still come in the black plastic case or just the cardboard box? I will load photos tomorrow of the paperwork and container

6. Triplemilled

Triplemilled Member

It's really sad these aren't being made anymore. I think that if you can't machine the pieces yourself than you're asking for trouble. That's one job that will always be in high demand so when something better comes along for the people making these parts they will drop you for the more profitable option. Which I'm sure is what happened here. Successful razor artisans are also highly skilled machinists.

7. kokaneedrinker

8. Beardbgone

Beardbgone Active Member

1st gen OC is the only one that came with a plastic case iirc.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk