The YUMA

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jcwit, Jun 6, 2011.

1. jcwit

jcwit Member

The YUMA from BestShave is a Diamond in the rough in my opinion. Be advised it only costs under $3.00 whether ordered with a plastic case or without. It is extremely light weight, I modified mine by turning a brass rod to press fit into the handle. This mod made the balance and handling much, much better. Using a good blade "I use Shark S/S, or Astra Superior I get an excellent shave. I might add this little razor with the blades I use have yet to draw blood.
    For those that wish a slightly better looking razor they easily polish up using Flitz or other popular metal polish, and they end up looking pretty darn good, IMO as good as a vintage razor with lots of brassing.
    In conclusion the YUMA is not a $20, $30, $50 dollar razor, but for $3.00 approx. it will deliver excellent shaves.

Remember usefulness and/or quality is not based entirely on dollars spent, many times value comes in bargains AKA super buys.

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I was actually working on taking some Mother's mag and aluminum polish to my Yuma when I saw this posted. I agree, for $3 it is a good little razor. It is aggressive enough to give a great shave, but not so aggressive to tear you up. My only complaint is that the pins are a touch too small to keep the blade perfectly aligned. Once it is tightened, the blade isn't going to move, just take your time tightening and inspect to make sure it is even before shaving.

Oh, it shines up like a champ!

3. dilly-b

dilly-b Member

Wow, that's a serious YMMV thing right there - I like the fact that it weighs nothing - it magnifies the perception of the blade/face relationship. Also, I love it loud, and the hollow megaphone handle makes a YUMA the absolute loudest! Just goes to show there is enough going on to please the results-oriented for <$#!:D

It is extremely light weight, I modified mine by turning a brass rod to press fit into the handle. This mod made the balance and handling much, much better.