Theme Weeks 2013 - 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by swarden43, Aug 31, 2013.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

This is what I have to last us a full year. Several different themes for most every month, at least one is razor inspired. Of course, many items overlap and can be used in many different themes. Many of you will find you're using a particular theme all the time anyway. No problem. There are no set rules. You don't have to participate for the entire week. Heck, you don't have to participate at all. This is just for entertainment purposes only. Remember... It's your shave. Enjoy it your way.

By the way, no, there isn't a theme for every single week, just so you know.

SEP 2 - Adjustable Week
    SEP 16 - Williams Week – a whole week to master the lather, and get over the smell!
    SEP 30 - Badger Brush Week
    OCT 7 - Open Comb Week
    OCT 21 - Walk in the Woods Week - hardly a better time than the fall for a walk in the woods; cedarwood, sandalwood, juniper, oak… what else ya got?
    OCT 28 - Shave Stick Week
    NOV 4 - TTO Week
    NOV 11 - Bay Rum Week - what’s your favorite A/S, soap?
    NOV 25 - Cream Week (to enable encourage soap users to branch out)
    DEC 2 – Pick a Country Week – focus on one country’s product to use for the entire week
    DEC 16 - Cheap Week – remember, shaving this way was supposed to save you money
    DEC 30 - Boar Brush Week - hopefully by now the stink is gone

ENTER 2014!

JAN 6 – Str8 Week - man enough to go the whole week?
    JAN 13 - My SO/Kid(s) picked this out for me - let the family get involved and have them pick out your shave gear for the week
    JAN 20 - Penguin Club Week - use cold water for your shave, penguins love it!
    JAN 27 - Face Lathering Week – you bowl latherers don’t know what you’re missing!
    FEB 10 - 3-Piece Week - heck, even 4-piece week if you have one
    FEB 17 - Show Us Your Mug Week - (now for some fun!) post a pick of your mug (face) all lathered up, find something different/unique to use as a mug, show off your favorite lather mug/bowl/scuttle - pics required!
    FEB 24 - TSD Week - an entire week focused on TSD products.
    MAR 10 – I Forgot I Had That Week - time to dig into the back of the cabinet, closet or drawer!
    MAR 17 - Soap Week (to enable encourage cream users to branch out)
    MAR 24 - Tech Week
    MAR 31 - Synthetic Brush Week
    APR 7 -SE Week – don’t forget those injectors and str8s
    APR 14 - I Got it in a PIF Week -- So everyone should have received their PIFS from March PIF Month. Give a shout out THANKS and use what you received!
    APR 21 - DIY Week – something you’ve made, modified, fixed, mixed, or restored
    APR 28 - Soft Soap Week - there’s quite a few out there, what’s your favorite?
    MAY 5 - Vintage Week – razor, blade, brush, soap, cream, AS – as long as it’s a discontinued item
    MAY 12 - Bowl Lathering Week – you face latherers don’t know what you’re missing!
    MAY 26 - Desert Island Week - you've seen the threads, "You're stranded on a desert island and can only have one razor, soap/cream, etc. What would it be?" Pick one of each shave item. Use it and it alone, alllllll week! Can you do it?
    JUN 2 - Injector Week
    JUN 16 - Novelty Week – try or use something you don’t normally do or use to shave. Be different! Be creative!
    JUN 30 - Horse Hair Brush Week
    JUL 7 - Broken Arm Week - so how will you shave if your dominant arm is in a cast and sling, hmmm..? Why not start practicing now?
    JUL 21 - Remember When…? Week – items you first used, or remember your Dad or Grandpa using
    JUL 28 - Christmas in July Week
    AUG 4 - SS Week
    AUG 11 - Menthol Week – gotta love the ice, especially during the dog days of summer
    AUG 25 - Hand Lathering Week - something different. Hey, you just might like it

This thread is for schedule information only. Please click on the applicable linked thread above to discuss the theme of the week.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Any interest in continuing Theme Weeks?

We're near out of scheduled themes. Anyone want to take this over, or @swarden43 do you want to continue the scheduling?

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

If someone else would like....

4. Queen of Blades

Anyone? Hello? going......going.......

5. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I never participate because normally they require stuff I don't have =P

6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

to participate? or organize?

Omelmad likes this.
  7. Queen of Blades

Organize. It's simply starting a thread to take up suggestions for future theme weeks. Then organizing them as Steve has done in the first post of this thread.

Future theme weeks will be contained in the normal weekly SoS thread. (Used to be a separate thread. Seems redundant though to have 2 threads.)

Offer suggestions for theme weeks that you can participate in, if someone offers to take this over.

8. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I'll participate, not up for organizing.
    not right now anyway