They Didn't Want to Give up the Straight

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bill, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Here is one of those razors that I was talking about in one of the other threads. Back when, the public didn't want to turn loose of their straights. This one was a straight with a locking mechanism that would turn it into a "semi" safety razor, but could still be used like a standard straight razor. I don't think these ever were produced. I've never seen one, anyway.

Attached Files:

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I cant really make out how it works

3. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Up there where you see the F, f, f1, f2, C' and such is the locking mechanism that holds the standard barber notch blade in place between the scales.

The scale profiles (outline) do not match one another. One is shaped like the orange color, and the other like the green. The blade is the purple. Follow the red lines and you will see the cross section of each. The blade barely goes beyond the edge of the green scale and that's the part that does the shaving. It would prevent deep cuts to the face using it this way.

Attached Files:

4. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

Now that is pretty cool.
    Would you be breaking copyright laws if you tried to produce this?

5. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Thaanks for the clarification Bill. Now i see what was up. Must be a bit difficult to hold like that.

6. Padron

Padron Active Member

Looks cool....Pretty neat idea, I wonder how it shaved?

7. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

These looks down memory lane have been pretty interesting Bill! Keep it up!

Unique way to keep it locked..