Thrift Store Find - display cabinet (help requested)

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by McGrande, Nov 16, 2017.

1. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

I didn't find it.......my wife did and bought it!

I started to thank her when I was rudely interrupted by her saying "It's not for your shaving stuff, it's for my antique perfume bottle collection."

It would have been perfect for a display den, but at the same time I really don't have that much stuff to display. I"d probably feel compelled to fill it up with vintage razors and mugs and then the sparks would fly.

Took these pics on my workbench. Needs a little cleaning.

Real nice wood, real curved glass, mirror back. I TELL YA IT IS PERFECT FOR ME!!!!!

I hope nothing happens to those real delicate perfume bottles. No really, that would be a shame.

Maybe if enough of you guys see this and reply with....."Ann, give him the cabinet already!" She'll give in.

cab1.JPG cab2.JPG cab3.JPG cab4.JPG

Paul76, Primotenore, Keithmax and 5 others like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Beautiful cabinet.
    But I like to think I'm a wise man, and wisdom says to not come between a man and his wife!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    dustmite, sdguero and Linuxguile like this.
  3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

That is very nice!
    Truth!

sdguero likes this.
  4. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

That's a very nice cabinet! I think Ann has dibs on that one, she found it, and bought it, and bought it for a purpose. You have a workbench, and tools, and now you have something to measure and copy, make one to suit your needs, and use oak, or walnut, or something nice. You can use thin plexiglass for the curved sides.

sdguero likes this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Nice find, but she got it for herself. Yeah, I wouldn't butt in............

sdguero and Linuxguile like this.
  6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Trust me when I say this... keep away what she has claimed hers.... it’s safer that way..

TobyC and sdguero like this.
  7. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

That's a beauty!

And that's all I have to say about it. My wife is home and her mere presence is enough to make me behave. ;)

TobyC likes this.
  8. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

You know what, since my wife will never see this (I hope), Ann, give him the cabinet already!.. I mean yeah, you may have found it and all, but his razors would be perfect in there...now @McGrande you are on your own, hope you have a comfy couch.. great find by her though, she's a beaut.

sdguero likes this.
  9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Ann, ship me the cabinet already. It’ll help prevent marital discord. I’m happy to help.

Paul76, richgem and sdguero like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That is a very nice cabinet. If it had had four shelves, I would suggest giving her two and you taking two. As it is, I think it is destined for perfume bottles or @mrchick .

Paul76, mrchick and sdguero like this.
  11. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

One vote in my favor ain't gonna cut it fellas. I guess it's over.....just like all the other disagreements (I like to call them misunderstandings) for the past 46 years of marital bliss.

TobyC and sdguero like this.
  12. sdguero

I have concluded my bride is correct when she frequently reminds me, "Remember, a happy wife means a happy life".

So, you lost this battle years ago when you got married. Heck! We all lost our battles.

Enrico likes this.
  13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    No good...send it to me. :)

14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Do you really think he'll @mrchick fit?! I mean... maybe if you take out the shelves.... :signs002:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    sdguero and mrchick like this.
  15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

^ that. And there will be other cabinets for you to claim.

sdguero likes this.
  16. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Sweet cabinet!

17. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Tell her that her perfume bottles don't look good in that shelf and that she needs to find something else
    :happy108::happy108::happy108::happy108::happy108:

18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I agree with @sdguero "Happy wife ... Happy life", that said there are subtle ways for a husband. Look for something even nicer and she'll want to make a trade. So that said, clean that up beautifully, cause you never know, it may be yours in the future. ;)

sdguero and TobyC like this.
  19. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Just say, "Honey, your reflection in that curved glass makes you look fat." :D

twhite, Keithmax, Enrico and 3 others like this.
  20. sdguero

:happy102: :happy097: