Time to upgrade

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dapper-in-a-can-man, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Sage words of Wisdom there Mac. Cry Tough Dap, Cry Tuff. ;)

"It ain't necessarily so..." :innocent

:D

macaronus likes this.
  2. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

She said "We broke" "Tell them to buy you one." :'( I might not be here tomorrow folks, I might not make it. :p
    Joe... she... enjoyed the lather... we may be in dire straits... :scared011::scared007::scared003::shocked003::sick002:

macaronus likes this.
  3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Don't put yourself through all this agony.:(...Just decide here and now that eventually your going to get all of them..:happy088: Then you just take your time, enjoy researching each razor and buy it as you can afford it..Why not start off with an SE, they are very available,somewhat unusual,shave well and are inexpensive..

I have razors I've never used, but thats not important, the important part is I have them...:happy102:

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

It's not hard....Just do like Tom says and you will be very happy.....and bplatoon below has a point too....

macaronus and fram773 like this.
  5. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

An ER 1924 can be had for very cheaply. It is aggressive but super easy to use. I have not looked back since I started using a single edge.

CyanideMetal and macaronus like this.
  6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

+1 on the ER 1924..."GREAT RAZOR"!!!!

7. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Perhaps look at it this way: There are many razors that would be good choices. Why not just get one and see how it works? If it works well, keep it and have a lifetime of great shaves. If for some reason it turns out to be less than ideal, simply sell it on the Marketplace here. Pretty much all of the razors mentioned in this thread are praised by many who have tried them, and there must be some reason for that.

Often local cutlery stores will sell safety razors, and it might be easier to decide after seeing some razors firsthand. Art of Shaving stores typically carry Muhle and sometimes Merkur razors.

tuxxdk likes this.
  8. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Are you looking to add to an on-growing collection or are you simply searching for the one and only razor?

To me that would vary the answer for a candidate for sure.

9. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Fat Boy, gotta be a Fat Boy. You'll get one eventually anyway. After I got my Executive FB and the RAD subsided. VERY happy with this razor.

10. fzrider

fzrider Active Member

Antique stores are a great idea! I find great deals all the time at local antique stores. I even picked up three razors for only $1 each!

11. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Antique stores are one of my favorites as well.
    Now, flea markets, thats where the gold is. Those folks sell whatever they can get their hands on and dont know shinola about vintage razors. You pretty much name your price. I allways start out with "does this old thing still work?" they usually say "I dont know" and I start the race with $1.00.
    I have only had 1 bad experience there and it was a whopper. Usually, I get the good stuff for near to nothing.

Dapper-in-a-can-man likes this.
  12. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I heard the flea market around is selling straights. I want to go hit up an antique store once I can get out again.

fzrider and Cool Breeze like this.