Timeless sb vs oc .95 blade gap?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Ceferguson, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

If anyone has used both the sb and the oc timeless razor heads in .95 blade would you please tell me if you notice any difference. I ordered the .68 and the .95 sb timeless and after trying both the .95 worked better for me shaved very close to my futur in terms of smoothness. I and returning the .68 sb plate and I am considering exchanging for the .95 oc plate. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I don't own any timeless but from what I can gather it's essentially the same feel. The difference is basically they cut all the way through the safety bar which is scalloped. The edging on oc base plate and Safety bar share the same rolled design. Since the oc is rolled there isn't the teeth feel as in the traditional oc like bases.

Ceferguson likes this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I have the .95 OC Timeless and it is one fantastic shaver. If you liked the .95 safety bar, I would give the OC a try. If I recall Timeless has good return policy so there should be no problems giving it a go.

Ceferguson likes this.
  4. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

Yes they do, that is what I was thinking swapping the sb .68 for a .95 sb I just wanted to know if they were really different enough to merit or save the money and try the new asylum evolution razor