TOBS Traditional Luxury Shaving Soap.

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Morman Bridge, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I found this little gem in my travel kit. I remember it was one of the first soaps I ever bought upon my reemergence into the wet shave scene. That was five or so years ago. I liked the scent so much, I stashed this travel tub and forgot about it. I was considering updating my travel kit today from what I have on hand, when I discovered it. I have not even used this tub yet, and I stashed it all those years ago because of its wonderful scent. Has anyone here tried this soap? Or better yet, can anyone tell me which seller might have some? I'm mainly curious as to if it is available. I am involved in a no buy thing right now, but I will eventually get some more if I can. Thanks for any responses. Have a good night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Terry Williams

Terry Williams Well-Known Member

3. Morman Bridge

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

just 2, eh?(oz)-

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Interesting Alan. I think you should try it and report back. The ingredient list isn't thrilling me. Not to mention, $16 for 2oz is pretty pricey.

6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Does that soap come from the Glasgow factory?

7. Morman Bridge

Hello Joseph, and everyone. Early this morning was my first use of the TOBS Traditional Luxury shaving soap. I found it a bit difficult to lather, but I worked it out. I used a Pearl four piece travel razor from my kit too. It was this razors use too. I really like the scent of the soap. I need practice lathering it though. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Primotenore likes this.
  8. Terry Williams

Terry Williams Well-Known Member

You know, that IS interesting. Seems strange when 150g of the other products is the same price. But, I think it is because it is a hard soap or croap and not a cream. Might last just as long as the creams. You can get a 57g refill from West Coast Shaving for $10. Still seems a little high. But, @Morman Bridge already has the container. So, maybe that would ease the budget.

9. Primotenore

Article Team
    Thanks for the report Alan. What is the scent?

10. Morman Bridge

Hello, I am not very good at describing scents, but the smell is awesome. I think it has degraded a bit over the last five years, but it still smells great.

Primotenore likes this.
  11. Primotenore

Article Team
    Well...who doesn't like a great scent?