TOBS

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Birdie, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

I am looking for a little product review. I will be in London in about 10 days and plan on stopping by TOBS store. I see they have a peppermint soap now which looks interesting. Please, if you have tried any of their products leave some feed back.

2. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

Sorry, I have posted this in the wrong section.

3. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

4. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I've tried Sandalwood, Eton College and St. James. They are all amazing. You can't go wrong with TOBS. It's what the queen uses to shave her old lady mustache.

5. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I used some TOBS Shaving Shop soap this morning. I have tried the Rose one as well, but my favorite of the three I've tried so far is the Lemon Lime. All have amazing lather. One of my faves.

6. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

I have the peppermint cream and it is really nice! It lathers up well an isn't overpowering which I am sure will happen with a soap as well. My wife ordered me a 12 piece TOBS cream sampler from Maggards and so far the only scent that overpowers is the Almond. I am sure you will be able to get a good handle on all the scents in the store so you can make a good choice.

Slow Joe likes this.
  7. SDK

SDK it's his fault

I have Jermyn Street cream and aftershave. They are both top quality products.....

8. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I like the peppermint, but don't love it. It's out of the rotation. TOBS is a great product at its price point and an excellent value.

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Great stuff. I've used Sandalwood and Lavender.

10. Mr. Shaverman

I don't know where you live @Birdie but I've been told that if you're in the US it's cheaper to buy it here than it is there. It's also really easy to get here. From what I've seen of the London shave shops I don't think you'll have any problem finding other things to try :)

11. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I certainly know how to get some peppermint quickly.

Cough
    Cough

Bama Samurai likes this.
  12. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

I have tried; Avocado, Rose, Lavender, Sandalwood & Jermyn St. All lather, protect and cushion great. With regard to scent; Lavender, Jermyn St, Rose, Avocado & Sandalwood. Would buy them all again

Birdie likes this.
  13. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I use the shave cream for sensitive skin, and love it.

14. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

London is one of stops while I am gone from home for a while. just seems like a neat thing to do is stop by.

15. Mr. Shaverman

You should definitely stop by. I think its Jermyn St. that has all of the major British barber stores on it.

Birdie likes this.
  16. Jasio78

Jasio78 Well-Known Member

The shop is fantastic. If your in the area pop in and say hello to them. They'll tell you all you want and recommend some products. But check your funds if you fancy having a shave. It's £70/ $105(ish) for the full works.

17. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Looks like you'll be in walking distance from Lock & Co., the oldest hat shop in the World....I hear it's a must see, even if you are not into hats...

18. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Piccadilly Circle (blue or brown route) is the closest tube stop for TOBS on Jermyn street. Green park (grey, light blue or blue route) is also a pretty close stop.