Too many blessings becoming a curse?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Knox, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

So, I love my collection of DE razors. Fatboys, Slims, Super Adj, Super Speeds, Techs. I love each and every one of them! Heck, even my 2 Weishi razors are great!

For the first time this morning I used an Injector (actually, 2 of them because they both came yesterday). Do I love them? Yes. Yes I do. Can't wait to shave again tomorrow.

And what is in the closet, waiting to be wrapped and given to me as a birthday gift mid December? The Timeless Bronze!

How can a person fall in LOVE with shaving? I wish I could shave 2 times a day! I want to use all of my razors all the time! I keep telling myself I am going to pick a daily driver and stay with it for a month or so. Maybe I will make it a while with my Bronze?

So many razors to love, once a day is not enough!!!

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Why? No law says you have to. That's the beauty of it. It's YOUR shave. Enjoy it YOUR way! :)

Spyder, Ijustmissedthe50s and RyX like this.
  3. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Oh - of course! Just putting the voices in my head "down on paper".

Spyder likes this.
  4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

If i rotated through all of my razors consecutively some would not get used more then once a year and I shave every other day. Each is a joy to use, when their turn comes up.

5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Lol if you got rid of the duplicates, you can enjoy more variety... just saying..

Spyder and Knox like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Same here. My technique has improved, and my lifestyle devolved. If I shaved less diligently I could use more razors!

7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much down to two daily drivers myself and have been for quite a while. But I also still LOVE all the others, even the ones that don't give me the best shaves.:) I enjoy the feeling of the shave during and most important after the shave. I ALWAYS hated shaving when I used a cart(30+ years)! Shaving was required for my work and I always planned to grow a beard as soon as I retired. Well I'm retired 7 years(2010) and I shave as much now as I did before I retired, only difference is I ENJOY it so much more now.:happy088:

Spyder, Ijustmissedthe50s and sdguero like this.
  8. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I have over 70 razors on the shelf and I don't plan to rid myself of any of them. Do I use them all? Nope, but I enjoy looking/touching them on a regular basis. Might be a little weird but I don't care.

9. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Do you dream about razors now?

That is also me, in a nutshell!

10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Y'all are scaring me.
    It puts the razors in the basket, and steps away from the basket. :scared011:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...608037980800421264&selectedIndex=8&ajaxhist=0

11. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

12. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

We are a strange lot, aren't we?

At least I am only NEWLY strange :eatdrink047:

Jim99, DaltonGang and sdguero like this.
  13. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

You need to learn patience grasshopper..

14. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Those injectors sure are sweet! If I had to rank safety razors by my favorites, injectors would top the list. They give me my best shaves ever! Yet I cannot see myself selling off my SEs or DEs. Variety is the spice of life.

15. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

I only own three razors, all vintage.
    Eveready British Pat. Model 1912
    A simple 78 Tech
    A Gem mmoc
    As you can see, my rotation is simple. I look at razors all the time on places like the bay but don't pull the trigger. My curse is all the related items to our blessing lol.

16. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

17. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Just wait till you try straight shaving. Then you’ll really have a dilemma:)

DaltonGang, Keithmax and Knox like this.