Total newb review of blades in my sampler pack

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by r1nzler, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

This was how I begun wet shaving. Apparently it did not work well for me. Without using Internet and without anyone giving advice I noticed I get better shaves if I shower first. During the years I have countless of times given your method a chance, more or less every time I have been in real hurry and absolutely needed to be shaved. Every such shave has been full of painful tugging.

I am not saying that this method does not work at all. I am sure it works for many, but it is definitely a YMMV thing.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Ultimately do what works, and share what worked for you! It lets people hear different strategies and then experience them for themselves.

Engblom likes this.
  3. r1nzler

r1nzler Member

Gillete Super Platinum 8*/9*
    This blade is fantastic. Ultra smooth and perfectly sharp. Cut through the whiskers no prob, and i was really careless with my technique with no weepers. Results were dynamite, face is so smooth.

Im giving this a temporary score to match the Astra, but i think it may have surpassed it. These two will be doing a battle royal in the future.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. LKLive13

LKLive13 Well-Known Member

Thats great. Glad you have found two good blades that fit you!

5. r1nzler

r1nzler Member

Gillette Sharp edge (yellow box) 6.5/9
    This blade was a real mixed bag. First pass it destroyed everything in its path with zero tugging. This blade is sharper than the u gillete blackbox and Astra sp. But on the XTG and ATG it felt like it was struggling and i got 3 weepers. This blade was not the most comfy, reminded me alot of a Feather. Once i cleaned up my face was very smooth and on par with the Astra and Blackbox. So maybe in a more skilled hand this would be a better blade, as its sharper, but i prefer the comfyness of Blackbox and Astras.

6. r1nzler

r1nzler Member

Gillete Silver Blue 6.9/7
    Not much to say here. Seems like a less sharp Gillette yellow box, very similar to Gillette Green Box. I think i prefer the greenbox more.

7. r1nzler

r1nzler Member

Welp the battle royal has begun. Astra SP vs Gillette Super Platinum. They are so close in performance, now im going to test longevity.

Day 1 Astra Sp: Flawless shave
    Day 1 Gillette: Flawless shave
    Both equal at this point.