Touch up paint for Fatboy

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gigabitz, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Gigabitz

Gigabitz Member

Hey Everyone,
    I'd like to touch up the black numbers on my Fatboy and some adjustables, and I was wondering if anyone had already done this. I know it's a pretty simple task - just curious if anyone has any particular recommendations before I go out and buy paint.

2. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Either go to a hobby shop and get an itty bitty brush and some model paint. Or the other way is to slap paint on the whole part and than wipe it down so the paint lays only in the numbers.

3. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

flat black model paint from a hobby shop, or the model isle at a toy store, paint it over the numbers, wipe it off with your finger. PLEASE disclose that you did this if/when you sell the razor. I have done this on one razor and it is one I plan to keep.

4. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I did the above with a Fatboy. I did use glossy...basically painted the number..and wiped off the excess. They look really nice now.

5. Gigabitz

Gigabitz Member

Ya, Rodd, you're totally right. I had meant to put that in my post, but I forgot to. I plan to paint all my razors, regardless of whether I'm keeping them, and I would definitely tell people they've been repainted before I sell them.

6. Automaton-Tim

Automaton-Tim New Member

I have used black honda paint to touch up some of mine, I got it in the auto section at wally world. I don't plan on selling my slims though.