Traeger Grills

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Maximumsmoke, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Maximumsmoke

Maximumsmoke Active Member

Anybody here ever try one of those Traeger grills. I was thinking about getting one after I saw a demo last year. They seem quite versatile and easy to use and clean -- thermostatically controlled, wood pellet burning, quick start-up, smoke, bake, roast or sear/broil, depending on temp setting and some other cooking set-up details. Comments?

Thanks,
    Tony

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

All I know is they ain't cheap.............

3. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

They look neat, but I think I'll stick with my Weber.

4. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I have never heard of them. I’m interested to read your thoughts.

5. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

A lot of people love them. They are pretty expensive even at Costco when they have them.
    I’ve always viewed them as cheating but the older I get the more appealing the set temp and forget feature is becoming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maximumsmoke likes this.
  6. Briscoe

Briscoe Well-Known Member

I have had mine for several years, I highly recommend them.

7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My brother has had one for about 10 years and he has used it alot! Everything he's made for us on it was amazing! It's a great piece of equipment.

8. brit

brit in a box

have a cheap propane job out back, hardly use it.i pan fry a steak these days.. would follow along to learn a little though..

9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I bought a NOS charcoal grill off Craig's list last fall ... low tech is my tech. :D

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I received a Traeger from my sister and found it's a really nice piece of equipment. So much that I'm looking to pick up another for camping.

:eatdrink020: