Travel shave stick.....chapstick tube

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by wchnu, Dec 16, 2017.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

This may have been done here before but I have not seen it. I took a chapstick tube and poured melted VDH glycerin soap into it. Currently I have gotten three shaves out of it. I figure several of these will easily fit in a travel bag so that a trip can include more then one soap.
    [​IMG]

And a video of it in use.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Cool idea!

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thank
    Thanks. I think I will try a few Col. Conks and see how they do. But I have to buy more chapstick first. Glad its pretty cheap.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Hey, Fuzzy, that is pretty cool. I did the same thing with an old deodorant container.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I did too. Works great!!

Perfect

7. targa88

targa88 Well-Known Member

Interesting idea with the chapstick container. I would be a little leary of melting soap.
    Have grated soap into a deodorant twist up container works very well for travel

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Bad vendor. Buyer beware. I'm speaking from personal experience. Plus there's plenty other bad reviews for that company online.

Just as cheap on Ebay.

PickledNorthern, swarden43 and RyX like this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

This is a glycerin base soap. They melt easily with no side effects. I grate tallow soaps.

Thank you JoAnna! Can't beat experience.

I am going to use this one to see how many shaves it gets before I build more....maybe. Lol.

Queen of Blades likes this.