Tried TSD vegan shave soap today

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Tim Spencer, May 3, 2017.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I thought it performed very well. Got an effective shave from it. I would consider it a good benchmark standard shave soap. Lathers easily and loads acceptably. My soap is the unscented version and it's just that. I was impressed with the fact that when I rinsed this soap off my razor that it didn't leave a residue like most other shave soaps where I'm usually forced to used my fingertip and dry towel to wipe the razor head clean of cloudy residue. TSD's soap rinsed clean away, leaving no mess in the sink or on my razor.

I don't consider the residue other soaps leave a real bother, but it would be a plus if they could rinse clean more easily like TSD's soap does, but then again, perhaps that 'elite' level of protection would take a hit on those other soaps? I still consider TSD's soap to be in the upper range of slickness and protection during the shave. I didn't need any pre-shave oil at all with this one. Leaves a bit of moisture/oil behind without a visible residue, which was an impressive feat.

I recommend people have a TSD shave soap in their collection. I'm glad I decided to make a shave setup of this for my black shave kit.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    RyX, SHAVEWIZARD420, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  2. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

I have always had TSD shave soap as part of my rotation. That saying a lot since I only have three soaps.

Dave

PLAla and Queen of Blades like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

LOOT, RyX, PLAla and 1 other person like this.
  4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I'll echo the sentiments here and say that TSD soaps are great!

Queen of Blades likes this.
  5. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

TSD soaps are very nice. Its hard to make olive oil an ingredient of shave soap without compromising the lather, but Joanna has figured this problem out. Great soap formula and plenty of scents to choose from.

LOOT and Queen of Blades like this.