TSD Cigar/Tabacco Pass

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by moet36, Jan 26, 2018.

1. moet36

moet36 New Member

I am considering putting together a pass for those of us who enjoy a good smoke here and there. I've had great success with this in the past one other forums and thought might be fun for us TSD folks. I am open to opinions as to whether this should be a cigar and pipe tobacco or cigar only? I'm more of a cigar lover but I do smoke pipes as well and have some fairly good tobaccos around to start the pass.

What I have in mind is a pass of good quality stuff. I mean no offense to anyone, but I really don't want to waste time passing around bargain smokes. Not there there's anything wrong with them for those of us who are budget minded, but I'm not real big on having OpusX, Davidoff, etc mixed in with cheapies. Most of the cigars I have in mind are going to be in the $8+ premium category and most pipe tobaccos will be tinned premium blends. I feel this makes the pass more valuable to everyone involved and gives us a chance to share some true connoisseur level goodies.

I'm looking for 5-10 people who might be interested. Let me know if you have any feedback on this and if you would like to partcipate and hopefully I'll work on getting something put together in the next few weeks.

Keithmax likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome @moet36! Glad you joined us here at TSD. You should take a moment an visit The Welcome Center to make your introduction. Gives folks a chance to chat, answer or ask question, and get to know you a bit.
    Getting close to the end of the month but you have time to qualify in The Newbie Giveaway, too. There's some internet spending credits up for grabs. Read the rules to be sure you make the drawing.

As to Pass Arounds - They do happen. It take a certain level of trust by the initiator who mails out his stuff. Then each participant needs to understand the spirit of the activity by following the suggestions set by the organizer. Unfortunately there have been some boxes of (shave) gear vanish when an unscrupulous individual receives and drops out of sight. Best I can say is - interact, get to know folks and they you, and keep working & planning on your Pass Around!