TSD forums go mobile

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by sparky5693, Jun 24, 2012.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

A minor niggle probably, but in the mobile version, if u tap on an alert, u get sent to the top of that page not the associated post or the first unread.

2. coche1

coche1 Actively Wishing Member

Is it appropriate to "fling" my "page" in public???

I am running a custom ROM om my Droid, so I may not have all of the more advanced features on current Android OS. Also, my phone is several years old (original Droid Incredible by HTC) and it is not fast enough to run the modern OS.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Looks good on my iPad. I'll post if I encounter any issues.

4. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

I like it ! Thanks sparky!!!

5. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I'll be playing some with the auto detection in hopes of getting it more refined. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

richgem likes this.
  6. richgem

You should be OK so long as there aren't any children or old ladies around to witness it. :eek:

7. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Just noticing that. I'm on firefox tethering with my laptop and only getting the mobile site ;)

8. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

I'm on my laptop getting the mobile site....weird

(have tried all 3 styles, getting the same thing)

9. sparky5693

Administrator
    Sorry guys.... working on it.

10. richgem

Chances are your browser is identifying itself as mobile or android, Jim. There should be a setting somewhere, probably under advanced or some such. Find the setting and switch it to "desktop" or whatever your OS is (linux for ex)

11. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

done checked that, is why I went ahead and mentioned it, I knew Bobby was working on it, so I was just giving status
    (FWIW, Firefox 13, on Windows 7 in Parallels on MacBook Pro, via DSL...shouldn't be seeing it as mobile, but I did check to make sure)

12. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

From the mobile site where can I find the option to mark all threads as read? On the normal site that is right up on the top.

I have been using the mobile version most of the time for the past few days, and I like it!

I wrote up a post to shave of the day yesterday morning while standing at a bus stop. :)

13. richgem

Sparky...can u tweak the mobile software so that when you tap on an alert you get sent right to that first new post or the post that was liked, as the case may be?

14. sparky5693

Administrator
    I'll see what I can do. The mobile style seems to have several issues with items like this...

richgem likes this.
  15. richgem

Sparky, I just noticed (never used the option before) that the "go to first unread" button doesn't work, at least in Android.

16. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

That's strange. It works for me on Android, Dolphin Mini browser. My problem is that I get the Tapatalk pop-up notice every time I visit another page or refresh.

17. richgem

Hmm... I have the same set up (minus tapatalk). I'll have to try it again. Strange.

18. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

Well after years with the same old BB, I've finally been upgraded to a BB 9900. I am now officially about a cool as I'm likely to get. I can now access TSD just as a normal web page.:happy088: Still can't type on the tiny pad very well though.:angry019:

19. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

It doesn't work for me on my Droid X either. It takes me to the first post of the page. I just scroll to the bottom then work my way up until I see the first new post and start from there.

20. richgem

Yep, definitely doesn't work for me. Pressing the button gets to reaction/action at all.