TSD Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Damon, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Damon

Damon Member

Once again I would like to thank JoAnna for making such a fine shave soap. I ordered Bamboo & Teak, Leather, and Aramis shave soap, two were gifts for birthdays.
    I wanted to put this here mainly for the fact of exposure for the Queen rather than in the reviews. Any one who has tried her soap knows her base ingredients for shave soap are of fabulous quality. I can say this because I own eight tubs of her soap, and plan to order more.
    They lather excellent, are very slick and smell great.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Thank you, Damon. :o

3. Padron

Padron Active Member

Happy Birthdays! :)

Great soaps indeed :happy088 Those scent choices sound good too :cool:

4. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Congrats to both of you!

5. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

I can't wait 'till I finish off my Col. Conks Bay Rum....TSD'S Mojito is calling me!

6. Damon

Damon Member

Why wait jump in there and order a tub start to put them in a rotation.

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

That's what I'd do :D

8. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

I'd like to praise them more but I'm afraid of being accused of having a conflict of interest.

MoM's soaps are fabu :drool

9. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I'm not sure, but I think it's against the law to finish a tub before you buy more?! :rolleyes005

Conflict of interest? Whatever! I would say the soaps are great whether or not I was a Mod. But what do I know? I only have a dozen of 'em. I also have D.R. Harris, GFT, MWF, C&E and Em's Place. None lather any better, smell any nicer or provide any more lubrication than JoAnna's soaps. Even at many times the price. Plus, the variety of scents is unparalleled by any of the others. Custom scent mixes are available too! She'll even fill a container of your choice! Oh, by the way, they last forever!!!

At 7 bucks a pop, buy several! :happy088

10. Ditto regarding quality of TSD shave soaps - I'm surprised the price stays so low.

11. Hiya,
    Luckily, JoAnna's soaps work well for me. I've reviewed em, and her 'lime' is part of my small (by choice) rotation. I am a picky bastard, and the IK, Colleen's products (TGQ), and TSD soaps are about all I care to use regularly. The lime is about perfect for me, and I like her version of coconut a good bit. I'll change up with QED or CF, but it's rare.
    Nothing bad to say about it.......even the price is right.
    Martin

12. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I certainly hate to be the one stand out in the crowd but unfortunately TSD soaps didn't do real well for me. It's great to see that many others enjoy them and like having a cost effective option with plenty of variety in scents. I tend to prefer the traditional hard soaps myself. True they are signicantly more expensive, but I look at shaving as a personal luxury and not something I try to save money on.

At least that's how I try to justify it ;)

13. Damon

Damon Member

AMEN Brother.. can I get a Hallelujah

14. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Hallelujah! :laugh042

15. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

I had a nightmare that these dudes were knocking on my door with and endless tub of TABAC...wait... that's not so bad....:D

16. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

I had several other soaps in my cabinet...QED, Trumpers, Gentlemen's Quarter, Tabac, Harris and sold them all after trying TSD soaps. For me there is nothing finer out there! :happy108 I actually use just about all of JoAnna's products exclusively.

17. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I am not much of a fan of exclusivity since I find it restricting. There is no jack of all trades 'best' out there and as such you gotta keep a mix. All of the stuff in my personal stash/stock are proven examples of stuff for me and clicking on the magic link below will show exactly what I am using now based on extensive and expensive personal tests.. haha. It does not take me long to find out what I like or what I hate (no real middle ground on that) but if I continue to own it and list it, I love it. If it is not on the list I have most likely given up on it and taken it off the list (or in some cases not tried the product).

So I guess my point is.. variety is great! :rofl No product will ever be perfect 100% of the time. Always go for the best though!

18. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I'll second this motion, tried and not for me. If they work for you then good for you.

Variety is where the fun and appreciation for many good products is found.

Raf

19. Queen of Blades

I'm glad so many folks enjoy my products, and feel they provide variety, luxury, and save money. :)

20. Queen of Blades

Must be the water down in Texas. Sorry the soap didn't work out for you guys.