Turkish #6

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by RaZorBurn123, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Hello
    I've read so many great things about this magical brush. Where can I buy the Turkish #6?
    Thanks
    Kerry

2. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Bestshave.net

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Just remember it's not really Horse hair but Boar...

Recklesstr and tuxxdk like this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

Really? That's disappointing.

Thanks

5. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

I thought Turks were muslims?

crackstar likes this.
  6. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Islam is the most prominent religion in Turkey. I thought it was weird that boar brushes would be made there. But they tend to be a lot more secular than places like Saudi Arabia or Iran.

crackstar likes this.
  7. RaZorBurn123

On BestShave.net the #6 is made of horse hair. It's under $3 is this the one?

8. Ryan B

I have the #6 and trust me it's not horse hair. It's false advertisement.

crackstar, Recklesstr and tuxxdk like this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

I believe you. Thanks for your help.

Ryan B likes this.
  10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Yes, most Turks are Muslims. However as Ryan stated, they tend to be more liberal than Muslims in the countries he mentioned.

Spyder likes this.
  11. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

There is a lot of speculation whether the turkish #6 is horsehair or boar. Some people even get irate about it. Inquiring minds want to know.

12. Slipperyjoe

The tips of a horse hair brush don't split..boar hair does...

13. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I've owned and used the bestshave.net #6 Turkish horse(?) hair brush for over 3 years now...I've questioned bestshave directly and have been assured that the #6 is made of horse hair.....I'll tell you I have noway of telling the difference so rather than hate bestshave.net forever and never buy another product from them, I choose for now at least, to take bestshave at its word..
    Having said that I.M.O. the #6 brush is one of the best brushes I've ever used no matter what hair it's made of and one of the best buys around..:happy088:....

tuxxdk and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  14. Slipperyjoe

Did the hair split?..

15. 178-bplatoon

I don't have good enough vision to make that determination..But let me ask you:
    Why wouldn't horse hair split? Why does boar hair split?
    Also are only the tips of horse hair used to make a shave brush?

As I said I honestly don't know if the #6 is made of horse or boar or dog for that matter...The two things I do know about the #6 are it only cost me $5 shipped and this brush has lathered(for the last 3 years) as well as or better than any other brush I own...:)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  16. Slipperyjoe

Not sure why horse hair doesn't split and lol don't think dog hair splits either. Sorry to be splitting hairs over this issue..:D I suppose what really matters is that the brush will be a good one and it does seem like the ol'#6 does have it's fans..:rah:

17. RaZorBurn123

With all the positive feedback I've read it's worth the $5 to get one or two.

18. 178-bplatoon

My only problem with the #6 is QC...If you get a decent brush you'll like it, but you can get bad brushes...I have several #6's and while they all lather at the least ok, they aren't all the same quality, some knots are not as dense as others..

19. Ryan B

The ends of mine split. They looked just like my Semogue 1305 brush. I also lathered up one side of my face with one and did the same with the other.

The #6 felt just like the 1305. It's boar and I'd bet my reputation on it

20. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

I know not whether it be boar, bear, beaver, or the long fabled unicorn - but this I know; if this is boar, it's the best performing boar I have yet come across, and the only one I've ever found satisfactory. I've wondered about buying a few and slipping the knot into a better quality handle. Seems I saw a thread in the last year where someone did that?

Recklesstr, Ryan B, crackstar and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.