Two weeks in and hooked

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by cournot, Sep 16, 2014.

1. cournot

cournot Member

Just want to thank everyone for their encouragement and helpful comments. I'm totally sold on DE shaving now. I will still keep my cartridges for travel use or for fast touchups, but I plan to focus most of my shaving energy on perfecting shave technique. Sadly, this isn't going to save me any money as everything I save on blades is going to go to more soaps and a variety of razors. But it works out in the end, as the higher expenditures come with more enjoyment.

Cheers to all!

Bama Samurai, Metro, Boojum1 and 4 others like this.
  2. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Good on you, Cournot!
    Welcome to TSD and Happy Shavings!

Boojum1 likes this.
  3. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Welcome.

Boojum1 likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Go slow and enjoy what you have, no need to go out and break the bank. It's nice that shaving has become fun again, for all of us. :)

Boojum1 likes this.
  5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Welcome!
    Take a good peek though the TSD threads on a variety of shaving topics, both hardware & software, and you'll begin to get a good idea of...
    • the breadth of shaving items available to the wet shaver today.
    • the user's opinions on a number of these items, which may be helpful in determining those goodies which might be a good match for you
    • how to best explore the realm of wet-shaving with plenty of tutorials and how-to's from many experienced people.
    :signs011:

Boojum1 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

If it hadn't been for HolyRollah excellent reviews on soaps, I would have never bought MdC. :)

HolyRollah likes this.
  7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Remember another advantage of the equipment your buying cournot, if for some reason you become dissatisfied with "traditional" shaving unlike with carts you can always sell you DE,SE, etc equipment and recoup at least some of your money..:)

Bama Samurai likes this.
  8. Peter Cupitt

Peter Cupitt robe-wearing whale shaver

Wise words from 178-bplatoon, this is one life choice where you CAN sell your equipment IF you ever wanted to do something else !!! Alternatively, some people have PIF'ed some of their collected equipment to help others on their way.
    You can save heaps of money using Safety Razors of the DE or SE OR Straight variety ...................... IF you don't succumb to the "Collector Bug". :signs136:

9. markjnewcomb

And if it hadn't been for @HolyRollah , I wouldn't be working on my budget for next month so that I can afford MDC. ;)

RaZorBurn123 and HolyRollah like this.
  10. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

My card....;)
    [​IMG]

R.D.Nelson, Darkbulb, Derhey and 3 others like this.
  12. markjnewcomb

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

13. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Welcome Cournot.

14. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Cournot, glad you are here. I look forward to hearing of your journey to shaving nirvana!

Derhey likes this.
  15. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den!

16. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

I am with you Cournot! I am about a month in and I will never look back. I actually look forward to shaving again (like when I was 17 years old). This forum is so supportive and it makes the experience all the more enjoyable. Glad you are enjoying your experience as well and found a hobby home here as well!

17. JoshLB

JoshLB New Member

When I first started I made it a rule to have at the most 2 shaving soaps/cremes at a time and not buy anymore until I finished those... It helped, for a while haha

18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  19. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

20. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Greetings!