Uncle Albert's Amazing Super Colossal Compendium of Shaving Advice

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by micah1_8, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Hercule

Hercule Active Member

Sage advice indeed.

H

2. El-a-Menthol

El-a-Menthol New Member

Wow. Just... wow!:happy096:
    And thank you very much for all this. :thanks:
    I saw every Mantic video and read about every tutorial at the Badger & Blade forum.
    But there's still alot of usefull things in here (for instance I knew about stretching the skin, but I did not know making a "O" with your mouth stretches/flattens the cheeks)
    and the rest is solid basics, foundation.

Cheers

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Why is it that I suddenly have this song running around in my head?

immobileman likes this.
  4. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

Still good information. I read some of this when I was starting, its always good to go back to the basics.

5. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I think I will save this and turn it into a pdf file. A very enjoyable read.

6. scott wein

scott wein Well-Known Member

enjoyed by this newbie. my grandfather always let me be there for his am DE shave and explained as he was shaving. He was a Gillette Razor, Williams Soap, and Pinaud Lilac Vegetal Man. Uncle Albert would have enjoyed him.

7. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

Wow this is great. I hadn't read this until now. This should be considered to be a stickie in the Newbies section. Wish I read this before I started. Really good!:bounce015:

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    It is in the Master Sticky in the Shave School forum.

Several of our forums have "Master" stickies. Too many stickies at the top of a forum can be irritating. So we compile stickies into a Master Sticky (with links to all the sticky worthy threads.)

Dridecker likes this.
  9. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

O ok. See it now.

10. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

I like it! This was a fantastic read, and I am sure I will be coming back to peek in again from time to time to refresh!

11. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Great advice and wrote with a sense of humor. Reminds us all the wet shaving is fun and not always so serious.

12. nrcma98

nrcma98 Member

Love this thread!

13. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

Absolutely loved this! Thank you, I haven't gotten that much enjoyment out of a wall of text for a long time.

14. jmckay0901

jmckay0901 Active Member

Gotta say some useful and humorous info is surely found here. Thanks!

15. Geo

Geo Active Member

Entertaining read :)

16. LGBLST2013

LGBLST2013 New Member

Great advice! Loved the humor mixed in.
    Jeff

17. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:happy096: :happy096: Very well done!!! This is the first time I've read "Uncle Albert's Amazing Shaving Advice"..Sound information, humorously disspensed, you just can't go wrong.....:happy088: You should make it into a pamphlet and sell it through the TSD store......:)

18. immobileman

immobileman Member

Great stuff! I really had a laugh with the Axe products. While in grad school a buddy came in smelling not so good from the use, my other buddy politely said man that stuff smells like ****, don't use that anymore!

19. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Very nice.
    Well worth the time spent!